SVT v. WRX

Y2KSVT

Established Member
So I've been feeling shitty lately, battling a sore throat and losing my voice. I'm over at a buddy's house on Saturday night, along with another one of our friends when I decide I want to go down the street for a McFlurry, to sooth this sore throat I have. So we hop on Jefferson BLVD, a 30mph zone, and a newer WRX comes up at about 40mph, and slows beside me. We're both rolling 3 deep, so it's evenly matched. I do a quick 30-45 burst to show interest, and he follows.
We end up passing Mickey D's, going all the way through downtown. We get to the last stop light, and the driver and back passenger get out, switching positions(WTF???). :shrug: Light goes green, and he's off. I'm still amazed at the Chinese fire drill that just took place, so I freeze. Up to the next light out of town, I decide to try my hand. Light goes green and we're off. He immediately jumps me by a car length out of the hole. 2nd gear I pull back up to his front door, where I bang 3rd gear. I'm getting ready to show him the SVT badge in the rear, when he hammers down on the brakes! :mj:
We do a 35mph kickdown, where he again slams the stop pedal while I'm getting ready to hand him his ass. So they roll down their windows, and start talking some shit. So the driver then asks me........... "You wanna go race some ramps?" :dw: The guy wants to race on ramps!!! Has anyone ever heard of this before? So I proceed back around town, so we can get back on the highway, because this guy has some screws loose. The guy is still following. I'm hoping he wants to hop on the highway also, so we can settle this once and for all. So I merge onto the highway, allowing him to get over to the next lane. Instead, he goes from the on ramp, to the off ramp, and back the other direction. :nonono:
I really would liked to have seen the outcome, had he allowed me to stretch my legs. I think I would have put a car or so on him in the 1/4mile. I'm still chalking this one up as a kill, as there was no doubt that I would have gang banged him in the end. This was off the bottle by the way. :beer:

Mark

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Chinese fire drill..... Im still laughing my ass off. ROFL! Thats some funny shiot. And yes i would chalk that as a kill also!!! OMG he hit the brakes (is he queer??) Anyway cool ass post man, top 5 of funniest... I think he seen the SVT Badge one to many times, thats why he braked...

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
Mark, you ever go out to Hall's Diner on the weekends? I'm out there sometimes when the weather is nice. Be good to see a few fords out there. Too many Brand X'ers there usually.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
if your only doing a trap speed of 96 mph nat aspirated, I think the WRX would have beat you.. make sure your running the bottle if your going to go from a roll, the WRX can be a nasty little beast..

Y2KSVT

Established Member
Silver2003Cobra said:
if your only doing a trap speed of 96 mph nat aspirated, I think the WRX would have beat you.. make sure your running the bottle if your going to go from a roll, the WRX can be a nasty little beast..

This wasn't the first WRX I've encountered on the street. Unless they've got more than the basic exhaust mods, it's always the same outcome. 3rd gear I pull hard, 4th gear I pull harder. It's the innevitable 60' times that kill these CSVT's. The 96mph was before my tune, so I should pickup another mph or two.

Jad G - I used to be up at Hall's every weekend. Seems like when the gas prices went up, everyone stopped going up there. Things aren't like how they used to be 5-6 years ago. :(

TURBOA2

my car goes vroom....pssh
Established Member
Y2KSVT said:
So the driver then asks me........... "You wanna go race some ramps?" :dw: The guy wants to race on ramps!!! Has anyone ever heard of this before?
Mark

WTF does this mean? I've never heard of this before?
Yes I would consider this a kill, just bc of his sheer ass-hattedness.

Y2KSVT

Established Member
You should have seen the look we gave this guy when he asked if we wanted to race on-ramps. It went a little like this: :dw: :??: :shrug: and then followed up with a :lol: :burn:

When he said that, I thought about asking him if he wanted to have a braking contest, just to see if he'd have the same WTF reaction that I had! :D

Mark

2tonOfun

Established Member
I think what he is probably reffering to is when you have a clover shaped on ramp/off ramp type interchange on the freeway (highway for you easterners) you can get on/off on/off and go around the clover over and over like a little track.
I used to do this on my Bike to get a little knee dragging fix if there wasn't any cars around but to "race"?
I'm not sure how you would acomplish that without taking someone out.
You beat the guy when he hit his brakes.
end of story.

So, did the McFlurry help?

TURBOA2

my car goes vroom....pssh
Established Member
2tonOfun said:
I think what he is probably reffering to is when you have a clover shaped on ramp/off ramp type interchange on the freeway (highway for you easterners) you can get on/off on/off and go around the clover over and over like a little track.
I used to do this on my Bike to get a little knee dragging fix if there wasn't any cars around but to "race"?
end of story.

QUOTE]

Ahhh

2tonOfun said:

+1 :rockon: I used to love the Butterfinger McFlurry

Y2KSVT

Established Member
2tonOfun said:
end of story.

LOL! The McFlurry definitely helped!

I knew that's what he meant though, wanting to race around some on-ramps. I just thought it was the 2nd funniest thing I had heard that night. The 1st being, the giggling that took place between the 2 kids doing the Chinese fire drill. :lol:

I hope to run into this kid again. :beer:

Mark

atc3434

CSVT - 3 liter hunting!
Established Member
Thank god for SVTPerformance where kill stories can be posted. I'm sure you would have had him on the highway. I killed a couple WRXs on the highway with the old Grand Am, and I think the CSVT pulls even harder, so I'm sure with a 3l it would have been a massacure.

Users who are viewing this thread