SVT??

on time

Established Member
Driving to the gym today I saw a (what I thought) 1995 svt cobra. He pulls right next to me and revs like he‘s trying to blow up his car. He had the svt lights, rimes, badges , but the back of his bumper said just mustang. By this time I had it in 3rd at 6000rpms, so when he went I was ready. I beat him horribly with my little 4 banger. Just letting you guys know I’m keeping the SVT name as clean as I can.

First kill post,
-Matt-
:coolman:

donpablo

Established Member
Could have been a 94 Snake...I had one, and factory bumper did just say Mustang. No SVT badge either..but that can always be added.

DonPablo
in Kosovo

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by DonPablo94SVT
Could have been a 94 Snake...and factory bumper did just say Mustang. No SVT badge either..but that can always be added.

4camV8

Established Member
so what are you saying? your svt focus is faster than a 94-95 cobra? I have trouble believing this... not saying your lying, but there may be another explanation for what happened... that being said, i think the svt foci are sweet cars... just don't think they're faster than a cobra...

**edit** i come off sounding like a di*k here... not my intention, just thinking maybe it was a 6 cyl with the cobra exterior pieces...

Last edited:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Originally posted by 4camV8
...just thinking maybe it was a 6 cyl with the cobra exterior pieces.
That's what I was thinking. GOOD KILL! :beer:

98gt281

Established Member
A 94 Cobra is a good .75-1 full second faster in thw 1/4 mile than a SVT Focus, so either way, you probrally should not go around saying your car beats 94-95 Cobras, becuse is can't/won't, in any REAL surcumstance at any MPH, but nice kill, and nice car.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
It doesn't really sound like he actually thought it was a 94/95 Cobra, because he states his doubt because he doesn't realize that those Cobras said "MUSTANG" in the back bumper. Sounds like he was thinking it was an impersonator.
That said, if you're Focus SVT is basically stock, you likely wouldn't have beat a real Cobra... however, I guess he could have missed second or just learned to drive a manual the day before.
It likely was a V6 Stang with the Cobra cosmetics and if it wasn't then there is a logical explanation, but that shouldn't take away from the fact that the Focus SVT is a nice car and certainly belongs with SVT discussions.

blackfang

Established Member
Lets see 4 cylinder Zetec motor w/ dual stage intake, and variable cam timing and only making 170 hp verse a car making 240 underrated hp and almost 290 ft/lbs of torque. Yopu either raced a fake snake, or the guy had no clue it was the pedal on the right.

on time

Established Member
Just to clear it up a bit, it was a V6. I have owned a few mustangs and know how beautiful they sound, when he revved at me it did not sound impressive. My focus is stock with only 1200 miles on it, but when it reaches 5000 miles or so I will put a s/c on it. After that I hope to be adding a few more kill stories to the board.Thanks for the posts. :beer:

ZX2Down

Established Member
Even still its a good kill, way take out the domestic rice(assuming it was a v6) there are way to many guys that asume a v6 mustang is fast just because its a stang, I've even been able to take a few in my zx2. in my honnest opinion if its not a GT or greater its not a stang worth buying(unless u just want the look)

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Most likely they wrecked the V6 then replaced the front with the Cobra bumper/fogs. They do it all the time. Same with the 03's.

The wheels are everywhere, they were produced for 4 years on 30K+ cars. I got a set sitting in my garage.

BlownSVT00

Established Member
I can believe it is/was a FAKE......there were atleast 3 at the FFW show in Commerce GA last month. Even some Cobra R's with V6's.....imagine that. What pitiful losers......with all of the money in body mods they could afford a REAL snake. Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread