SVT'er loses his father :(

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I learned recently that a fellow SVT member lost his father, far too soon. It was a reminder that life is uncertain, and that I should make time to spend with family; the opportunity to do so will not last forever :(

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
It's the worst. I'm 18 months out from losing mine. Keep your loved ones as close to you as possible. Love is why we are here, try to give and receive as much as possible!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
RIP

My mother and i were not close, but when she passed away, i decided that i wouldn't live my life as she did.

I realised that life is precious and finite. You never know when it could be your time. i refuse to not pursue my passions and interests. I refuse to worry about things beyond my control. I refuse to give a **** about what others think of me, as they arent living my life for me.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Losing your father is the worst. If had all of Ben's cars, wealth, etc. I would give it up in an instant to have my dad back. April 29th marks 14 years since he passed, quickly approaching half my life span of him not being here.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Losing your father is the worst. If had all of Ben's cars, wealth, etc. I would give it up in an instant to have my dad back. April 29th marks 14 years since he passed, quickly approaching half my life span of him not being here.
Damn man, I couldn't imagine. (knocks on wood) my mom and dad are in good health and I spend more and more time with both just picking their brain about shit.

Crazy how every now and then a thread will pop up on here and people talk about how they dont talk to their parents or siblings anymore. How the hell is that even possible is beyond me. I love and cherish my family, flaws and all.

Blown 89

Established Member
I've seen a lot of death up close and personal but losing my mother is the only one that really haunts my nightmares. I don't envy anyone that loses a parent or a child. I would literally give anything to have 5 more minutes with her.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn man, I couldn't imagine. (knocks on wood) my mom and dad are in good health and I spend more and more time with both just picking their brain about shit.

Crazy how every now and then a thread will pop up on here and people talk about how they dont talk to their parents or siblings anymore. How the hell is that even possible is beyond me. I love and cherish my family, flaws and all.
I can understand both sides of the coin. My mom can be absolutely psycho at times. Although since my nephew was born she has gotten a better hold on her crazy. But still, family has the potential to hurt you in the worst way.

Enough of the thread jack though.

Ben, maybe I missed it, but which member here lost their father?

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Been almost 4 years since ive seen my mom or brother and his kids. Between finances, schedules and the distance between us, no bad feelings. Been astranged from my dad longer than that because of family issues. Life is always a moment away from changing dramatically.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That sucks.
My condolences to that person.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Lost my Dad in December, Mom 9 years ago. It wasn't a complete surprise as they were both sick for a while, so I was prepared for the outcome. Still sucks. As bad as this may sound, when I had to put my oldest dog down 2 weeks ago it hurt more. My explanation, it was a complete shock as I didn't know she was that sick.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
my wife recently lost her father to cancer... she was with him when he went to be with the Lord... i couldnt imagine losing my dad

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Lost both my folks within 6 months of each other. It's never easy no matter if it was expected or not

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lost my dad to massive heart attack 5 years ago... he was only 63 and in (so we thought) excellent health.

So it was a surprise. Mom and dad were married for over 40 years and my mother is still an absolute mess to this day.

Dad and I were REALLY close. So sad to see him go.

A father ABSOLUTELY shapes a child's life (for better or worse) and those who argue a dad isn't needed likely didn't have one as a positive influence or at all.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Life is so precious and every time I see anything of this sort it makes me take a step back and count my blessings. I spend as much time with my loved ones as possible as tomorrow is never promised for anyone!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Life goes very fast. I never believed my folks, but as you get older, it goes faster. Enjoy every day and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread