SVTOA for 2006 (Woo Hoo!!!)

Is SVTOA coming back under Ford a good thing?

• Yes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Don't know or Wait and See

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SVT_KY

Established Member
Looks like it's gonna be a fun year ...

Mark, you gonna have a new job??? LOL :banana:

From the SVTOA Email:

"SVTOA Rekindles Ties to SVT and Ford Racing

Happy New Year!

Effective January 1, 2006, operation of the Ford Special Vehicle Team Owners Association has been transferred to the Ford SVT Marketing team, under the direction of the Ford Racing Technology group. What this means is that, as the new roles and responsibilities of the Ford Special Vehicle Team are identified and defined in the coming months, the SVTOA will become more closely aligned with Ford SVT, Ford Racing and Ford Racing Performance Parts.

SVT actually conceived, founded and launched the SVTOA more than six years ago, and is excited about the opportunity to be again working hand-in-hand with one of its most loyal owner groups. While Ford Racing and SVT work to establish their new missions among Ford performance enthusiasts, they'll be watching the SVTOA Message Board to read your input on how you think the SVTOA can be improved to build a more viable relationship between Ford Motor Company and its most valuable customers.

Please visit the SVTOA Message Forums at http://www.svtownersassociation.com/svtoaforums/index.php

Stay tuned to www.svtoa.com, as well as www.svt.ford.com and www.fordracingparts.com, for news and information on this exciting new era for Ford performance as we draw closer to the introduction of the 2007 Ford Shelby GT500."

Stanger58

Established Member
FWIW: SVTOA has ALWAYS "been under Ford" direction & funding... This announcement is simply saying that as of Jan 1, SVTOA will be "more closely associated" with SVT and Team Ford Racing... aka, Campbell & Company.

And it IS good news!

Onward and upward!

SVT_KY

Established Member
Stanger58 said:
FWIW: SVTOA has ALWAYS "been under Ford" direction & funding...
This announcement is simply saying that as of Jan 1, SVTOA will be "more
closely associated" with SVT and Team Ford Racing... aka, Campbell & Company.

And it IS good news!

Onward and upward!

This mean we gonna have track dates this year??????? HUH ???

Happy New Year Jeff .. :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: <=== One pepper per year !!!

sicboy

you talkin to me?
Established Member
dose anyone on here know who was the guy in charge of the raffle at the howllin at buttonwillow event in 04??

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Stanger58 said:
FWIW: SVTOA has ALWAYS "been under Ford" direction & funding... This announcement is simply saying that as of Jan 1, SVTOA will be "more closely associated" with SVT and Team Ford Racing... aka, Campbell & Company.

And it IS good news!

Onward and upward!

Good.

I already got my vacation time set up for Summit in May. See you there.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTOA is not very active in my neck of the woods.

I think it certainly can't be a bad thing that Ford will now help out.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
chicago region saac blows, doc so i know what you're saying. good thing you dont have to live in a chapter to join it.

svtoa-hoi and svtoa-semi are way more active than svtoa chicago.

but i have to give much love to mark wilson for making the whole great lakes region svtoa the place to be!

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
SVT_KY said:
Yup, huge Kudos to Mark and the other active on-track
regions ... You guys make it fun ...
ditto, thanks Mark! and lets not forget brian shefranek :thumbsup: here's to another year at summit point :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread