SVTOA Sebring 4/22/06

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
DaleM said:
LOL I was down to 1/4 tank of gas after my 2nd run. Good thing my brakes were done! I skipped out on the last run what a blast though!

So that's why you're looking for brakes!!!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
TroyV said:
So that's why you're looking for brakes!!!
LOL I have new pads and rotors, I do want to go with the Brembo Brakes now, I was almost going to do the Wilwood 6 pistons until you confirmed what I needed to know.

TTA89

Established Member
DaleM said:
LOL I have new pads and rotors, I do want to go with the Brembo Brakes now, I was almost going to do the Wilwood 6 pistons until you confirmed what I needed to know.

That replacement parts are outragous and they won't fit over 17 inch wheels? :loser:

spdfrkFL

Track Addict
Established Member
You can't go wrong with the Brembo Kit. Buy Ford Racing sells it for $899. I installed it about 2 years ago and I never had a problem.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
spdfrkFL said:
You can't go wrong with the Brembo Kit. Buy Ford Racing sells it for $899. I installed it about 2 years ago and I never had a problem.
What sized wheels did you have. I have had several people already say the stock 17s will work. I also have a set of the MB Weapon Wheels which have a wider track by 1/2in.
The Wilwoods will fit easy but man they are expensive, I just wonder if the 6 piston is overkill for the Auto-X and road courses.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

spdfrkFL

Track Addict
Established Member
I run them with steeda ultra lites at the track. For the street I have ran stock 03 rims and 10th aniv. rims with no problems.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
No for the big question, would you do it again or do something different for brakes:
Sorry to hijack.

Donr75

Established Member
Senkak said:
Yes but their balls quickly shrink as a low cost domestic car blows by them on the track!

Show me the pictures of the gallardo getting blown away by a low cost domestic??????????? All he did is passed a bunch of mustangs/cobras (including myself). He is a buddy of mine and thought it would be good competition and fun to run with the cobras, but he was wrong :bash:

svtruck

Huge Member
Established Member
Donr75 said:
Show me the pictures of the gallardo getting blown away by a low cost domestic??????????? All he did is passed a bunch of mustangs/cobras (including myself). He is a buddy of mine and thought it would be good competition and fun to run with the cobras, but he was wrong :bash:

Yeah, I agree with ya, maybe by a more experienced driver in a properly prepared Cobra...a Gallardo is a VERY track capable car.

I believe he was in group one right?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Donr75 said:

Geez! Are you a little sensitive today?????????
Lighten up! :cryying:
Please offer your buddy my formal apologies if I offended him in an matter what so ever. :shrug:
He's probably safe from my verbal assault since this is a site for low cost domestics. :dw:
Maybe he'll be graced one day with some competition. :burnout:
He may be out of luck since Apopka isn't a hot bed of high dollar exotics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread