SVTOA Sebring Registration

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I still have my hotel reservations...I am not going to drive my truck.I will just enter it in the show and watch..My truck is set up for the 1/4 mile only..I think I would wind up blowing it up on the track..Any word on the dinner Sat night like who is going to be there from SVT since March 31 is the last day of SVT!!!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
brucewrs said:
..Any word on the dinner Sat night like who is going to be there from SVT since March 31 is the last day of SVT!!!
I will bring the print Dave Dempster gave me when i was in Afghanistan! It is signed by a whole bunch of the SVT crew!

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Not exactly sure who from FoMoCo is going to be there, really don't matter if none of them show up, we still got 102 registered and paid for dinner, so far. And as far as SVT being dead, its been that way for some time ever since the last 2004 Cobras were produced. SVTOA (totally different from SVT) is alive and well at Ford Racing, they just sent me free tickets to the Miami Grand Prix, all I had to do was call.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
brucewrs said:
Do I have to make dinner reservations?

To insure you get fed, we have to place and pay for the order ahead of time, Therfore we may have a few dinners avalable at registration, but they will be first come first served. The best way would be to go to Motorsportreg register and there purchace the meals, we have several non drivers that have done that.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
edz said:
To insure you get fed, we have to place and pay for the order ahead of time, Therfore we may have a few dinners avalable at registration, but they will be first come first served. The best way would be to go to Motorsportreg register and there purchace the meals, we have several non drivers that have done that.

I just went there and can not find out how to register for dinner with out having to register for racing.... Check this out..There maybe light at the end of the tunnel...
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060320/FREE/60320003/1024

edz

Retired.
Established Member
brucewrs said:
I just went there and can not find out how to register for dinner with out having to register for racing.... Check this out..There maybe light at the end of the tunnel...
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060320/FREE/60320003/1024

Article was interesting. Now back to the problem. I just went to www.motorsportreg.com and registered as a new user. After several screens of general information car type, experiece level, emergency contact etc. it gets to the "Order" page at that point just click on the "dinner" and fill in the number you want, then it takes you to the payment page. You do not have to select a driving option on the order page for it to process the order.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I might have to cancell my hotel reservations...:( We are going to Disney in 2 weeks and a cruise in June..I have no idea how I will be paying for both trips....Have fun guys but it looks like I wont be going...

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
brucewrs said:
I might have to cancell my hotel reservations...:( We are going to Disney in 2 weeks and a cruise in June..I have no idea how I will be paying for both trips....Have fun guys but it looks like I wont be going...

I might just make a day of it and come on Saturday for the car show and watch the races..

edz

Retired.
Established Member
brucewrs said:
I might just make a day of it and come on Saturday for the car show and watch the races..
I got several folks doing that. Just make sure you are there around lunch to get the paced laps.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I cancelled my reservations.:(.Money is a little tight and I want to get a stall converter......Have fun guys and drive safe....Take some pics....Maybe next year.....

Black06GT

Established Member
I thought I heard about a parade lap or something but I can't remember where. Does that mean we can participate in one of these laps if we are not paying racers? Also I am curious who is going just for the car show and to watch laps. Thanks.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Bruce, see you at The Sunrise Ford Show.

Parade laps are for everyone, you do not have to be registered to drive or for the show. There are always folks that show up just for the car show, or just to watch. We even have some signed up for the Saturday dinner that are not registered to drive.

Black06GT

Established Member
One more thing. I know that SVT cars are built to take more abuse than a regular mustang. In your experience will I hurt my stock 06 Mustang GT by taking it on the track next year doing a few hot laps at sebring?

spdfrkFL

Track Addict
Established Member
Black06GT said:
One more thing. I know that SVT cars are built to take more abuse than a regular mustang. In your experience will I hurt my stock 06 Mustang GT by taking it on the track next year doing a few hot laps at sebring?

The last few events that I've been to I've seen new Mustang's run well at the track in stock form. I would suggest bleeding the brakes and throw in a better set of pads (Hawk HPS,etc..) and have fun. Stock tires will not wear that much on the track. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread