SVTP stock pick thread.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
I got in CRTN earlier at 1.18 (1.42 right now, not a bad gain for a couple hours) because today they regain Nasdaq listing compliance, and supposedly have a good ER coming out monday. Relatively low float stock, not getting held down by MMs. BTW my ARIA got bought out for 24 bucks a share after I sold of course. Had good timing on EGLT, got in and out of that thing about 6 different times for profit and decided to stay out after the last time, then 2/3 labels got approved and it tanked. Tried to play a possible SPHS buyout that didn't pan out (it still might since there was a highly unusual 4M volume spike the other day that I've never seen on that stock before) and got out for an .18 loss which saved me from a further .15 loss. Also got into AUPH to play an overnighter but it was flat today so dumped. I made a couple bucks on the ETRM run and now it looks like it might be doing it again, but I'll sit it out. Watching shipping stocks from the sidelines too, don't want to buy any.

Jmurrz

Established Member
I got in CRTN earlier at 1.18 (1.42 right now, not a bad gain for a couple hours) because today they regain Nasdaq listing compliance, and supposedly have a good ER coming out monday. Relatively low float stock, not getting held down by MMs. BTW my ARIA got bought out for 24 bucks a share after I sold of course. Had good timing on EGLT, got in and out of that thing about 6 different times for profit and decided to stay out after the last time, then 2/3 labels got approved and it tanked. Tried to play a possible SPHS buyout that didn't pan out (it still might since there was a highly unusual 4M volume spike the other day that I've never seen on that stock before) and got out for an .18 loss which saved me from a further .15 loss. Also got into AUPH to play an overnighter but it was flat today so dumped. I made a couple bucks on the ETRM run and now it looks like it might be doing it again, but I'll sit it out. Watching shipping stocks from the sidelines too, don't want to buy any.

I am kicking myself for not getting on the ETRM train when I was thinking about it, glad someone got to benefit from it.

I did pretty good on LEXG yesterday. It was up 100% at one point. I am holding onto it because I am still up 100+% so I am not too worried about it staying where it is at and keep a close watch on the news. I think that they are going to do really well if/when this contract report comes out next week sometime.

I am also keeping an eye on SGY, They have low float and it looks like there is the beginning of a momentum move starting. I almost got in today but my computer crashed right in the middle of placing the order... of course.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I haven't done much with my stock accounts for awhile. lost a lot of money while I was overseas playing the penny stocks on a very unreliable internet connection. Best thing I have ever done was buy 900 shares of ford at 5.87. haven't bought or sold any of it. just got my year end statement from scottrade and discovered they have been payin me 175.00 in dividends every three months LOL

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Glad I dodged that KTOV bullet. Traded it a bunch of times and got out a while ago, now they have a T12 halt and CEO was arrested for security fraud. Apparently they lied about their P3 data. Not good. Right now I'm just in SGNL hoping it pops on Friday with the merger vote. Been in and out of a few pumps lately like PIP, DFFN, DRYS, etc. sold DRYS for profit right before earnings and it tanked after

Jmurrz

Established Member
I am in (alot in) BIOC, It has been going up for the past 5 days and was up 15% today, I am hoping it peaks in the morning and I can cut it lose. I never hold volatile stocks overnight, but I guess there is a first time for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Anyone going to get into anything regarding the Zika virus? Have a list put together of the top players working on a vaccine, but they are out of my buying range. Wife works in healthcare, she has mentioned a couple of the doctors saying this vaccine is going to worth huge dollars.

Jmurrz

Established Member
Anyone going to get into anything regarding the Zika virus? Have a list put together of the top players working on a vaccine, but they are out of my buying range. Wife works in healthcare, she has mentioned a couple of the doctors saying this vaccine is going to worth huge dollars.

Share em! I would like to know.

I just got out of BIOC @2.20 after buying in yesterday at 1.69 so I did pretty good. I put much more money in there than I usually do, but it paid off big time. 30+% in 12 hours, I will take it!

1wild-horse

Established Member
INO (This would be my pick)
SNY
NLNK
IMMVF
TKPHF
and of course, GSK

1wild-horse

Established Member
I'm below amateur status at this stuff, but my last two picks had good gains, currently up 22% on GALT. Should have pulled the trigger on PULM when I started watching it. Moved from just over a buck to 5 in a couple weeks. Timing...

Jmurrz

Established Member
i see way to many speculation picks and not to many investor picks in this thread . Not too sure if its because too much disposable income or what.

I would suppose you are referring to me... I am just following the rules of not divulging too much information. Maybe they look to you like they are not investments, but my winners outweigh the losers by quite a lot. Right now this IS my primary source of income lol.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
i see way to many speculation picks and not to many investor picks in this thread . Not too sure if its because too much disposable income or what.

Going long on cheap stocks/small cap is for suckers. And I'm not 50 years old so I don't need to own a bunch of large cap. My 401(k) is all mutual funds though. I always see people who "believe" in whatever company they're investing in, then months down the road they lose half their investment because of some unforeseen circumstance or the constant dilution of most small caps. Then you hear classic bagholder comments like "thanks for the gift, just picked up more cheap shares!" and "opportunity of a lifetime!"

Jmurrz

Established Member
No it was just a generalization and referring to the common though of diversification is key. I do have penny / otc stocks mostly tied to marijuana but those are just for fun worth maybe 2% of my portfolio.

It all depends on your goals and what you want. My goals are 25+% gain in less than 48hours. More risk, but more reward. Everyone wants something different.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Too much diversification and why are you even picking stocks instead of a low fee mutual fund? Once you get to a certain point, you will earn a higher return with a pro doing it for you (fund manager)

Users who are viewing this thread