SVTP stock pick thread.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I need to get back into this. I've just got some cash tied up in a few different markets. I'm not sure if I should keep reinvesting my dividends or set aside $100 to try to play with.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Thought about buying some AUPH calls today, but I think it will cool down next week. If something big happens and I miss the boat, oh well. I bought some PLX April $1s and SPHS July $5s. PLX has earnings and data coming up, hoping for some fat gains if both are good. SPHS is a pure buyout play, and I felt the July 5s were the best value.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
I continue to be right about SNAP. More pain to come.

Capture.jpg

I sold a few of my PLX April $1 calls today to buy some AUPH March 17th $10 calls, big risk but if it recovers as fast as I think it will it should pay off nicely

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Well my big risk on AUPH didn't pay off, looks like more pain coming. So I bought some March 7.50 puts earlier this morning to hedge. Doing good so far. On the plus side I did sell my CERU calls for more than 300% gain this morning. Bought them on the 3rd. Small money but I'm still learning, don't want to risk too much.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Got my Merrill Edge Market Pro platform today, just need to make a few more trades and I get Level II quotes, but it's great so far

musclefan21

Established Member
What are some good shares to buy now? Explain why please. I wanna start playing as well. I have been watching things and gaining some knowledge but far from an expert.

I wish I had shares with Dow jones before the election and bank today. :/

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Some crazy action today with Nexoptic Technology Corp (CVE:NXO).
The bottom fell out yesterday and they halted trading, and then it recovered this morning from $1.51 (open) to $2.34 (high).

Thinking it may really take off tomorrow.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
I sold my PLX calls for a small profit, looking at past action I doubt it will explode much if data is good. I opened a short position on VRX today. April 7th 9.50 put. I will roll into some May 8s or 8.50s after I sell these

Jmurrz

Established Member
I have not traded in a while but yesterday I took a position in
PLUG when they had just announced that they would be partnering with Amazon, I got a weak stomach after losing 2k in the first few minutes and had to sell... Boy do I wish I would have held though.

BumbleBeeGTO

Established Member
I have not been on here in quite some time, but I went through the lat few pages.

With medical marijuana becoming a big thing in the country are there any stocks you have invested in, or are looking into?

D1984

Whining
Established Member
I have not been on here in quite some time, but I went through the lat few pages.

With medical marijuana becoming a big thing in the country are there any stocks you have invested in, or are looking into?

CARA looks to be heading over 20 again, then maybe a good short opportunity in the 23 area

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
PTIE

Got in before the reverse split. Promising news on a buyout or or FDA approval on the horizon. Up 10% on no news to speak of.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Im using tdameritrade yet.
Finvis is a good free stock screener if you know how to set them up.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
What do people think of tastyworks? Its from the same people who made ToS but seems to have cheaper fees. Not sure how good their platform is though.

Users who are viewing this thread