SVTP stock pick thread.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Sold my POWW, think I can get back into that later, and bought a full position, for me, of POYYF. Risk it for the biscuit, we'll see. Gotta have a little fun playing the market.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Sold my POWW, think I can get back into that later, and bought a full position, for me, of POYYF. Risk it for the biscuit, we'll see. Gotta have a little fun playing the market.
Dang, I was gonna buy that yesterday, too. I guess I'll wait for another dip.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Some more risk it for the biscuit.

United Insurance Holdings Corp NASDAQ: UIHC

Paying a 6.84% dividend because of how the stock has cratered. Executing a new business plan. Florida insurance legislation may help. Posible strong room for upside and locking a very strong dividend for an insurance company.

Tough buy for me with my risk bucket filled. I do like it.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Got back into BABA today. Had bought at $250, and got nervous and sold at $260. bought back in at $100.
Was there something you saw that made this look more reliable going forward? All i saw was they and tencent were laying off, but it’s boomed the last couple days. Daily chart looks like time to buy, but the Chinese stuff makes me nervous

Fat Boss

Established Member
Was there something you saw that made this look more reliable going forward? All i saw was they and tencent were laying off, but it’s boomed the last couple days. Daily chart looks like time to buy, but the Chinese stuff makes me nervous

I just saw that the Chinese gov is likely to stop the "regulatory crackdown."

Of course it's down over 7% today.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

I think BABA is a great buy in the long term. Charlie Munger knows China extremely well and he’s went hard on BABA even in the 200s.

q6543

Established Member
I think he was buying off the HK exchange and not the baba US ADR fwiw.

That was/is the main reason for the sell-off, you're not buying actual stock, you're buying a deposit reciept.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I think he was buying off the HK exchange and not the baba US ADR fwiw.

That was/is the main reason for the sell-off, you're not buying actual stock, you're buying a deposit reciept.

Yea foreigners not being allowed to buy ownership of Chinese companies is kinda shitty but let’s be honest, I’m never gonna sit on the board of BABA… I’m just SVTP rich… not elite globalist wealthy lol.

The BABA holdings thing weighed on me before i did the research. I really don’t see any issues as long as China keeps its dick in its pants and doesn’t try to pull some shit with Taiwan…

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member

I saw that on unusual whales also, but their news is SO wishy washy lol. she probably needed a little cool off, hope ya bank!

Fat Boss

Established Member
I saw that on unusual whales also, but their news is SO wishy washy lol. she probably needed a little cool off, hope ya bank!

Thanks. I hate to judge an investment so soon, but being up from where I bought it is nice.

What are some of your guys' worst performers? I have a (now small) position in TREIF that is down like 80% from where I bought it. "Make the bad man go away!"

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Thanks. I hate to judge an investment so soon, but being up from where I bought it is nice.

What are some of your guys' worst performers? I have a (now small) position in TREIF that is down like 80% from where I bought it. "Make the bad man go away!"

Some of my LOTZ is down 40%.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I got stuck in SQ until that $30 candle in AH after earnings a couple weeks ago, flushed out of it on the 1 minute charts over a few days and only lost a little bit. Now it's gone nuts again without me in it lol

And following pumps on Twitter got me in trouble with CEI...but if oil takes off again I might just get lucky again, who knows

Users who are viewing this thread