SVTP stock pick thread.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Tale of the tape: S&P futures peaked +1.57% ahead of the CPI release, bottomed out -2.4% and the S&P 500 closed +2.6% with a roundtrip intraday range of 5.52%, according to Deutsche Bank. The Dow rallied +1,400 points from its low.

The Tick Index, which compares gainers to losers at any point, went from -1,900 to +1,900, the first time there have been such extreme numbers on either end, according to Bloomberg data going back to 1990. It was just the 11th time since 1993 where SPY made a 52-week low and closed more than 4% above that low while also closing green, BTIG noted.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Well, I scratched my RECAF itch, now we wait.

It's been a roller coaster. I bought in at 39 cents.

Brandon totally f'd me and my LRCX stock. Lam and Applied are scrambling to figure out what to do next, internally. Lately about a third of our sales came from China. Now Tokyo Electron and the other world players are going to move right in.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I suspect they almost always fare well with high interest rates. I’ll have to do some research.

Buffet recently loaded up on Wells I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Buffett has Bank of America and U.S Bancorp. He completely liquidated his position in Wells Fargo. Banks are afraid that next year they are going to suffer substantial loan losses because of inflation as well as less people borrowing due to high rates.

q6543

Established Member
Was listening to an interesting point on banks.

All major U.S. banks are bracing for significant capital withdrawals as virtually zero interest bearing accounts will likely be lured into 4% plus treasuries

JPMorgan alone is anticipating almost half a Trillion to be removed.

Quite a banking unwind in the future

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Was listening to an interesting point on banks.

All major U.S. banks are bracing for significant capital withdrawals as virtually zero interest bearing accounts will likely be lured into 4% plus treasuries

JPMorgan alone is anticipating almost half a Trillion to be removed.

Quite a banking unwind in the future

Some banks are stepping up to the plate to keep those funds.

q6543

Established Member
If capital flight snowballs it will make banks look to be much more levered than they were.
Loan to book ratios.

Also apparently holding paper on all the 3% mortgages in a 4-5% environment is causing a negative return for a few as well.

Just some possible land mines.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If capital flight snowballs it will make banks look to be much more levered than they were.
Loan to book ratios.

Also apparently holding paper on all the 3% mortgages in a 4-5% environment is causing a negative return for a few as well.

Just some possible land mines.

That was all free Fed money they lent. Plus most banks don't keep the loans, they sell them.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Ugly Friday. I figured it would retrace a bit after Thursday but didn’t think it would give it all back. Starting loading 1,2, and 3 week out SPY calls. Started a position in SOXL at the end of the day will add on dips. Probably get some continuation on Monday since we finished at the lows Friday but generally bullish over the next two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread