SVTP stock pick thread.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
META earnings, regardless of what they are, is a total non-story. Not an economic bellwether at all.

I'm still a tad confused about the job market. One day businesses need thousands of employees, the next day businesses are having layoffs and hiring freezes.

A lot of those never filled jobs were in tech and just went poof. Regular stores still need people. The trades are interesting because builders are going to be loath to give up people, but the builders may not have a choice.

MG0h3

Established Member
A lot of those never filled jobs were in tech and just went poof. Regular stores still need people. The trades are interesting because builders are going to be loath to give up people, but the builders may not have a choice.

Has anybody talked to someone who has gotten a quote on a mortgage recently?

I see the rate shown on CNBC says 7.15.

When it said 5.875 I got quoted 6.375. That’s 800+ credit score. No mortgage, car payment, nothing.

Bet it’s up in the 7.75 for the average borrower.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Has anybody talked to someone who has gotten a quote on a mortgage recently?

I see the rate shown on CNBC says 7.15.

When it said 5.875 I got quoted 6.375. That’s 800+ credit score. No mortgage, car payment, nothing.

Bet it’s up in the 7.75 for the average borrower.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

It has been rapidly jumping up.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Interesting bank I have been looking at in my banking bucket:

CFFN Capitol Federal Financial, Inc.​

It is really beat down and cheaper than during the Great Recession. Has an interesting dividend policy and I think some meat on the capital gains bones (for a banking stock :) ) Something to watch for me.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I can't get on board with META. I mean it's attractively priced but I'm not a fan of Zuckerberg's vision with the metaverse. And the amount of shares he and other insiders have sold in the past year is mind boggling.

I hear you. It a huge gamble for sure. But, might pay off immensely if it turns out to be what he envisions. I didn't buy a lot of shares though.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Didn’t get out of my SPY puts early enough and they were getting roasted. I think I started the morning with around a $1.50 average. Added blocks throughout the morning til my average was around .35 when the puts were selling for .14. The afternoon drop saved my ass and I ended up getting stopped out around .65. Made 3k on the deal but I think they ended up hitting 1.20 later on.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
META's cash burn on the metaverse shows no sign of slowing down, that's a problem. I think they are vastly overestimating people's willingness to wear these headsets.

Users who are viewing this thread