SVTP stock pick thread.

q6543

Established Member
Chinese markets continue their bloodbath.
I put my full position for china on yesterday, also allocating 10% of my 401K to china large cap

They came out and said they intend to support their markets finally.

Chinese money printers = back online.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Glad I didn't sell Netflix when it dropped to the mid 300's.
Still don't get how they are so high but won't complain.

My mom told me on 12/6 that she bought into SMCI. It's gone from about $256 to $446 since then.

Post more often on what your mom buys lol

Made 25% of my day to day trading cash a few month ago and debating getting back in for something good.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I put my full position for china on yesterday, also allocating 10% of my 401K to china large cap

They came out and said they intend to support their markets finally.

Chinese money printers = back online.
Hope it works out. Which index did you go with? I've tossed around the idea of investing there but I just don't trust China that much. Been looking at the Hang Seng. It's been down four straight years.

q6543

Established Member
$FXI for broad large cap exposure.

The idea that the second largest economic growth engine for the world is in a full blown multi year viscous bear market going back to 20 year plus lows.

That’s a risk reward I’ll take 10 time out of ten.

It’s like the $SPY retesting the 2008 bear market lows decades later.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Glad I didn't sell Netflix when it dropped to the mid 300's.
Still don't get how they are so high but won't complain.

Post more often on what your mom buys lol

Made 25% of my day to day trading cash a few month ago and debating getting back in for something good.

Wow! Go Go NFLX. I have 30 shares.

RUNVS?

Established Member
Well, I decided to quit cutting bait and went fishing instead. I sold off all of my Harley Davidson (HOG) and Scotts Miracle Grow (SMG) stock this morning. Took a loss on both, but I'm tired of seeing those two holdings flounder month after month for well over a year. I'll put the cash on the side and throw a couple of lines out for something with profit potential. Maybe put a buy in for some Amazon at $140.

Knowing my luck, HOG and SMG will both take off on record-breaking, 52-week high runs within the next couple of months. :cautious:

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Well, I decided to quit cutting bait and go fishing instead. I sold off all of my Harley Davidson (HOG) and Scotts Miracle Grow (SMG) stock this morning. Took a loss on both, but I'm tired of seeing those two holdings flounder month after month for well over a year. I'll put the cash on the side and throw a couple of lines out for something with profit potential. Maybe put a buy in for some Amazon at $140.

Knowing my luck, HOG and SMG will both take off on record-breaking, 52-week high runs within the next couple of months. :cautious:

Unlikely, budgets are pinched and bikes and fertilizer don't do well.

trueblue03gt

Established Member
Just picked up some Oracle (ORCL) today, hopefully, it'll keep growing. I'll probably sell it off right before the earnings report... My buddy said they usually do worse than expected, and I'll repurchase it for cheaper. Pretty happy with how AMD is doing right now.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Since that day:

ASML up 56%
AMAT up 98%
KLAC up 93%
LRCX up 109%

FSELX up 78%

These are very large, established companies in a market with brutal barriers to entry that have huge war chests to endure downturns. Typically the upturns last 3-4 years.

Hopefully someone out there is taking my advice on these. Look at the five day chart on any of them.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
What happened with some of the healthcare stuff getting smoked today? Humana down 47, United Healthcare down 19 are two that I saw.

Users who are viewing this thread