SVTP stock pick thread.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Big banks, the money centers, have been doing pretty well of late though. The smaller regionals like this have always scared me off.

When I have banks in my banking bucket, I only buy the regionals, but I rotate in and out. Have to wait for maximum blood in the streets before I go back in.

Fat Boss

Established Member
We had our all employee meeting today at LRCX. The CEO was very upbeat about the predicted doubling of the semi market to $1T by 2030. He noted AI had a great 2023, but emphasized "advanced packaging" as a close second. We have 100% market share in several areas of equipment needed for that.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Would you recommend buying before or after the split?

Their last split was 99. And their stock has really stayed level til 2012. So it didn’t go crazy or increase a lot for 13 years.. since then it’s been a steady rise

Honestly … split means volatility. If more people get in after cause they can buy in at a cheaper price.. they will.
If you’re gonna do it after be poised to do it immediately

Cause the big dogs will buy in big since they can get more shares at a cheaper price

VegasMichael

Established Member
META blew it out of the sky. Great results and I just about dropped my cocktail when they declared they were going to pay a dividend of 50 cents a share.

AMZN had pretty good results as well.

AAPL reports in about 20 minutes.

VegasMichael

Established Member
AAPL earnings more or less in line with expectations. Nothing mind-blowing.

What their guidance for the future is will be key.

MG0h3

Established Member
Apple is down after earnings. They weren’t great. Big trouble in little China.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

VegasMichael

Established Member
Future were up pretty good at 7, just looked and the Dow is down 128.
Economic data that came out affected the futures. Way more jobs created than anticipated, a large upward revision in the jobs reports for Nov. and Dec., and low unemployment rate.

Even though those are good things for the economy it means there might not be any interest rate cuts in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread