SVTP track event at BlueGrass Motorsports Club

Should we do SVTP event at Bluegrass Motorsports Club?

• Hell yes - Let's go for it

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Hell no - I'm too chicken to drive my car on course

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Maybe - Depends on details

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Sept 19 & 20, 2009...

More info to come.

And, FYI: Track Guys has "taken over" the old SVTOA On Track dates, and even added some new tracks and dates. We will be using motorsportreg for registration and will be announcing our full schedule right after Christmas. :pepper:

See you on track...and Merry Christmas!

Jeff, you gonna end up on any east coast tracks?
I know Brian has his May SP.

[edit]Never mind Jeff, just saw the Track Guys schedule in the back of the Enthusiast. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

BlackStripes

Established Member
Yeah, VIR is WELL over 12 hours from here! :cryying: To add insult to injury diesel was in the $5 range when we did the trip.

Well it was over 300 gallons of diesel for the rig, about 150 gallons of premium for five days of track. But I wasn't complaining. It was VIR!!! :dancenana:

DAMN :eek: .. I guess i shouldn't complain, huh? :rolling: . At least my car gives me 23mpg on the highway... it's a rough ride with stiff springs and racing seats, but not that bad in highway where 'theoretically' the pavement is smooth. I just drove to Atlanta from the DC area during a nasty rain and it was ok ;-)

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Hector, since I drive my car to the track also, I'm always happier traveling with someone to long distance tracks (tho on my last trip to VIR I ended up traveling solo).
There's a certain security when towing your cranky, wired and duct-taped together track car with a shiny new F250 tow vehicle that I'll never enjoy. :shrug:

BlackStripes

Established Member
Yeah, i usually drive with my vette buddies... its funny to watch 6 rigs and one yellow mustang in the middle of the caravan :)

Well, when you go to VIR, let me know so we can travel together, i live in Fairfax county, so most likely you are would need to drive near me at certain point. I usually don't mind 200 miles travel to the track (AAA can give me a hand there :D ).

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Hector, Doug, Rod and the rest of the Mid Atlantic crew....
Here's some useful info from Mapquest.

Bluegrass Motorsports: Estimated Time: 8 hours 51 minutes Estimated Distance: 528.31 miles

Mid-Ohio Raceway: Estimated Time: 6 hours 53 minutes Estimated Distance: 405.74 miles

Road Atlanta: Estimated Time: 10 hours 6 minutes Estimated Distance: 609.82 miles

VIR: Estimated Time: 4 hours 51 minutes Estimated Distance: 262.56 miles

This is from Silver Spring, MD.
Your mileage may vary. :D

Oh, and except for Bluegrass, I've been to the rest and they're all worth the drive. :banana:
I expect Bluegrass will be too.

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I would be up for it even though I just have a lil ol Z06 to drive now:-D

Can I comes play?? :burnout:

Bruce would love for you to come out.
hehe.gif

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Welcome to New Jersey Motorsports Park :)

Haven't been there, but a friend of mine who races bikes told that this track is FIRST class also: 3hr 20min for me :)

Our friend Rick was up there with his '03 in Nov and liked it. Now thet the grass is grown in, it should be even better.

So many tracks, so little money. :cryying:

After being there for the Koni Challenge/Rolex weekend, it has to be better with grass, because it was horrible with out it. Is the paddock area still dirt or have they done something else there yet? Crawling in the dirt to work on the cars sucks A LOT! Of course the wind blowing the dust around is even worse, but other than that the facilities are terrific:thumbsup:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
When my friend was there, they had grass growing in the paddock. But that meant they had to park only on the roadways.
Talk about gridlock!! :eek:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Yep, once you pony up the money for a garage once, it becomes a "gotta have" at every event afterwards. 4-5 of us generally pitch in on a garage or two for the event and just pull the cars in and out as needed.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Yep, once you pony up the money for a garage once, it becomes a "gotta have" at every event afterwards. 4-5 of us generally pitch in on a garage or two for the event and just pull the cars in and out as needed.

I hear ya, especially since it wasn't my money:-D I was there with the Koni Challenge team I work for;-) We just didn't get garages at New Jersey because the Rolex Daytona Prototypes got first dibs:( LOL

Users who are viewing this thread