SVTPP or not?

sflrainmaker01

Established Member
Can anyone tell me what their thoughts are on having the SVTPP on their GT500 (11 & 12 model yearS) vs NOT having it? It seems like the 3.73 gearing would be a nice option (as well as the other stuff). It was an expensive option when the cars were new.

Sirraf

Established Member
You will get mixed opinions. I personally don't care for the thin stripes, and I don't care to have 3.73's with this car. It's hard to enough to hook with 3.55. I do like the rims, so I got a pair of the SVTPP wheels and installed Bilstein struts and shocks with lowering springs. The most valuable thing the SVTPP gives you is the wheels IMO.

Unrealford

Established Member
I have the SVTPP, don't mind the gears, the stripes, as said above,you either like them or dont.
What I don't like is the harsh ride, not sure if the non SVTPP, is that way ,but my 2012 Boss 302 rode much better.
965ec370f292f2a6a3de014c93f1b2a6.jpg

sflrainmaker01

Established Member
Nice Ride! But if you have the SVTPP, does it come with skinny stripes only? This car I am (still) trying to buy has the regular GT500 stripes and according to the vin sticker, the axle code is BB for 3.73. I automatically assumed that the car came with SVTPP then.....

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't like the thin stripes, so I got ordered a stripe delete. I love the wheels. The SVTPP suspension is no longer under the car.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice Ride! But if you have the SVTPP, does it come with skinny stripes only? This car I am (still) trying to buy has the regular GT500 stripes and according to the vin sticker, the axle code is BB for 3.73. I automatically assumed that the car came with SVTPP then.....
With the VIN, you should be able to look up the window sticker to see how it came from the factory.

1st usa car

Established Member
I liked the gears better than the non-svtpp I test drove. I also have no plans of changing the wheels. Suspension is fine but I may upgrade it... stripes were non-factor. I would do it again.

slowbra1

Established Member

I have an SVTPP 2012 stripe delete from the factory.

455HO71

Established Member
11078082_10155410539655052_6423579078419426414_n.jpg

Liked the SVTPP wheels enough to keep them but in order to get a fat tire on them, I had them widened to stuff a 325/35/20 tire out back

sflrainmaker01

Established Member
Thanks. Those wheels are nice! Kinda remind me of the 2013-14 wheels. It's weird though that the car has those GT500 5 spoke wheels that look like 10 spokes. It's been pullied (pully left on), but has a stock air intake on it. The door tag says BB for axle code. I am going to double check that. But, I wonder if the previous owner removed a bunch of stuff before he traded it in somewhere and the dealer just sold it at auction (seems like alot of (Ford) dealers will sell these at auction to avoid any liability with the air bag recall).

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
I prefer the wider stripes, and any suspension from factory Ford isn't good so the minor improvements aren't anything to write home about. As others have said, the 3.73 are nice at a stock power level but once you get over 600 whp or so it's tough to lay power down without a drag radial so the 3.55 would be more ideal. I do love the wheels, but went with different wheel when the time came on the non-PP car.

If you're leaving the car mostly stock, get a PP. If you're going to do a lot of mods, save the money and get a non-PP car.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I ordered a base coupe with 1 option, had plans for the car.
The $ 3500 that the SVTPP package cost, could be used on mods I really wanted.
Also didn't care for the wheels or the thin stripes.
GT500day24July2010002.jpg

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
After owning a 2012 svtpp, it was not worth the additional cost to me.

As others have said, I did not like the thin stripes, so I changed them out for wider ones.

Since my 2012 was for street use only, I did not care much for the stiffer / harsher svtpp suspension.

Also, I ended up changing out the wheels so I could run wider tires in the back.

Kevin P

Established Member
People keep mentioning the 3.73 gears. In actuality, with the 20" rear wheels and greater overall tire diameter, the effective gearing of the PP cars with 3.73 gears is VERY close to the same as the non-PP cars with 3.55 gears and 19" rear wheels. It is almost identical.

Users who are viewing this thread