svt's redhead child rebels again

SloVesT

german for fast SVT
Established Member
u guys probably hardly or never read of svt contours beating anyone:-D. can't blame ya. i've got quite a list of roadkills but never really thought to post em. besides, on the contour.org website, we aren't allowed to post racing stories. the most recent one is a camro z28. intake, headers, exhaust & tune. its the generation b4 the last. 97/98?? was on my way home from the grocery store. this guy with his bud are literally touching my rear bumper. so i did the responsible thing and moved over a lane to let him pass. apparently, that was not gonna do. he wanted to race. i thought to myself;"crap! i've got milk n eggs in the car.":dw: Then again i thought, "heres another opportunity to send a chevy owner home sulking." so i did it. we took off. spun thru second. b4 i knew it, he was in my side mirror. we got to the next light and he told me what he had and so did i. we went again this time from a dig. i spun thru 1st, 2nd, and a bit of 3rd. when i finally got traction, he has almost 2car lengths in front of me. i did end up catching up at around 90m/h and passing him:coolman:. yeah, i know its not a big deal to u guys pushing 4-600hp. for us who own the svt division's redhead kid, its a proud day.

Iluvatar

Txyaloo scares me
Established Member
You run 14.4 and beat an LT1 with an intake, exhaust, headers, and a tune?
Is that an old timeslip in your sig or something because I'm confused.

Nice kill though...a contour taking out a camaro is a big accomplishment.

Last edited:

SloVesT

german for fast SVT
Established Member
You run 14.4 and beat an LT1 with an intake, exhaust, headers, and a tune?
Is that an old timeslip in your sig or something because I'm confused.

yep:). that time i got was my first time on a track. street tires/ 8lbs of boost. in the middle of summer here in vegas i might add. 98degrees that night iirc. i've got a 2stage boost controller set at 8 & 12lbs since. pretty sure that should make a bit of difference. havnt had time to head back to the track especially since temps dropped.

SloVesT

german for fast SVT
Established Member

dont really feel like arguing with ya, sorry. take it or leave it. just wanted to share my excitement. head over to contour.org if it isnt too lowly a website for u to visit;). that should help ya:). by the way, here's the rascal...

HPIM3290.jpg

HPIM3292.jpg

HPIM3282.jpg

Last edited:

StangJason

Established Member
nice kill...325hp should net you much better than 14.4 1/4mile and I remember my first time at the track so I fully understand.

SloVesT

german for fast SVT
Established Member
your car looks good bro

nice kill...325hp should net you much better than 14.4 1/4mile and I remember my first time at the track so I fully understand.

thanx guyz. 'ppreciate the comments:). and u r right jason. i should be able to squeeze out a better time. the 325ponies is actually at the wheels. unfortunately, this car is a front wheel drive as am sure u know. major handicap right there. hard to put all that power to the ground without major suspension overhaul.

crazyj0n

Established Member
With traction u would be a low 13. Anything can happen on the street. Nice kill.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
I don't see how anyone can really drop the BS flag on this. This car @ 12 psi once it gets traction ( FWD is a bitch to hook, especially when were talking about the beefy mid range torque with your setup) should have more than enough to pass a bolt-on LT1 up top, especially if it was an auto car. Don't underestimate boost on the top end, most power adder cars make their money on the back half of the track, whereas motor cars are usually much stronger down low.

I'm sure he left you down low, but from the couple of SVT Foci and Contours around here with either the Procharger or Turbo setups, I have seen pretty decent numbers considering. Front wheel drive cars seldom have track times that represent how fast the car is, because of the insane suspension work you have to do to one to get it to hook with any kind of power.

Grats on the kill, it's cool to see people doing something different.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
That trap is horrible..would need a new slip to make any use of it for a comparison.

Nice Kill... an LT1 like that isn't an easy kill. :)

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I would want to buy a V8 Mustang...

Judging by your other posts it would have to be exactly like yours or it too would be a big pile of slow, rusty, and all-around worthless shit. Maybe he could purchase a v8 mustang of your choosing then have you modify it for him so it meets your exacting criteria because we all know that any mustang without your name on the title couldn't possibly even be worth mentioning. This way he could have the closest thing to a worthy car in your opinion.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Judging by your other posts it would have to be exactly like yours or it too would be a big pile of slow, rusty, and all-around worthless shit. Maybe he could purchase a v8 mustang of your choosing then have you modify it for him so it meets your exacting criteria because we all know that any mustang without your name on the title couldn't possibly even be worth mentioning. This way he could have the closest thing to a worthy car in your opinion.

That works for me. :thumbsup: Have him PM me and I'll give him my specs. :beer:

SloVesT

german for fast SVT
Established Member
I don't see how anyone can really drop the BS flag on this. This car @ 12 psi once it gets traction ( FWD is a bitch to hook, especially when were talking about the beefy mid range torque with your setup) should have more than enough to pass a bolt-on LT1 up top, especially if it was an auto car. Don't underestimate boost on the top end, most power adder cars make their money on the back half of the track, whereas motor cars are usually much stronger down low.

I'm sure he left you down low, but from the couple of SVT Foci and Contours around here with either the Procharger or Turbo setups, I have seen pretty decent numbers considering. Front wheel drive cars seldom have track times that represent how fast the car is, because of the insane suspension work you have to do to one to get it to hook with any kind of power.

Grats on the kill, it's cool to see people doing something different.
u're right on the money! thanx. thats why i didnt feel like debating the guy. if he knew anything about fast fwds, he'd know how hard it is to hook up with a little over a tonne car with 325whp.

4valvemach

Established Member
I would want to buy a V8 Mustang...

I would want to buy a bigger v8 trans am:shrug:
Not everyone wants a mustang some pick others cars to go fast with and to me if its fast SWEET does not matter what it is svt contour,cobalt SS,srt4,evo, wrx etc etc

To the OP your car is very nice and congrats on the kill:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread