Swapped from the CS grille to the Saleen

BPatterson

Established Member
I love my CS, but I've never been a fan of billet grilles. The first time I saw the Saleen grille, I loved it! I feel that with with all the black accents on the CS, as well as the the black plastic CS lower fascia, the Saleen just matched up better. The only thing I don't like is how loosely the Saleen sits. What have you guys done to fix that? Anyways....before and after shots. I also added the black and red Coyote 5.0 badge to the grille since its a perfect match to my car.

4af0ddf7-c4fe-52ae.jpg

4af0ddf7-c50f-e45f.jpg

scott_0

Established Member
your pics arent working, not sure if its something on my end or not. and what do you mean by loose? did use the push pin they included? mine isnt loose fitting

Yagermeister

Established Member
@mastwolf all 2011 GTCS' came with the billet grille. 2012 GTCS' come with a black grille now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
@mastwolf all 2011 GTCS' came with the billet grille. 2012 GTCS' come with a black grille now.

Got ya, Cause all I did was remove the Mustang Emblem and it looks pretty good.

Chris

BPatterson

Established Member
your pics arent working, not sure if its something on my end or not. and what do you mean by loose? did use the push pin they included? mine isnt loose fitting

Yes, I used the 4 stock push pins. It's the tabs that are loose. The factory grilles tabs had ridges on the back of them to keep them from sliding back out. The Saleens tabs are smooth. So they're able to move freely.

scott_0

Established Member
Yes, I used the 4 stock push pins. It's the tabs that are loose. The factory grilles tabs had ridges on the back of them to keep them from sliding back out. The Saleens tabs are smooth. So they're able to move freely.
you should have gotten I believe 8 clips that have little teeth almost like a mouth, these slide on as far as you can get them, you have to put pressure on the grill while installing them. then you should have gotten a christmas tree looking push pin (youll have to drill into the bottom of the grill an into the top of your bumper to use it though. dont worry the hole will not be visible even if you reinstall the stock grill

Last edited:

Yagermeister

Established Member
@mastwolf, can you post a pic of the GTCS grille without the emblem? Also was the grille behind the emblem all chrome and without scrapes from the emblem?

scott_0

Established Member
Did not receive any of those. I bought the grille used. :-/ Know where I can get them?
dang, well how is it staying in place for you? if you dont have the little teeth like clips holding it in, Id take the grill off until you got those

grnenvy

Established Member
Looks so much better. I just installed it on my car and it was so easy. I hear alot of complaining about install and fit but it fits fine. Actually I was impressed how good it fit considering its an aftermarket part. I guess if your all thumbs there would be a problem.

There's always the possibility that the horizontal lines sag after a couple years due to the lack of vertical supports. This is definatly a light weight mod over the factory grill.

BPatterson

Established Member
Oh yeah, install was a breeze. Literally took 10 minutes to remove the factory grille, and install the Saleen piece. Going today to get some Gator clips to secure it in better.

Users who are viewing this thread