swapping 03/04 fuel components

strokedsvt

Established Member
Does anyone know what type of benefits in power can be made by switching over to the terminator injectors and maf system? I am already running an 04 tank and have the mmr 4.75 stroker kit with jlt cai and exhaust...

Any gains or improvements?

po-po 5.0

Established Member
No performance improvement will be seen by swapping over to the terminator 90mm MAF and 39# injectors UNLESS you're maxing out your current 24# injectors and 80mm MAF. You would need forced induction for that to happen.

strokedsvt

Established Member
Thank you for the quick response! I am currently installing a NX 150 plate kit as well and am considering a centri in the future. Would you recommend the 39lb or 42 and is the maf sensor any benefit from running a plate kit or only forced induction?

po-po 5.0

Established Member
If we're talking about the same thing, an NX plate kit is "wet" meaning it supplies it's own fuel separate of the injectors. If you jet the nitrous kit right, you don't need a larger injector for the engine.

The opening on the '03 MAF is larger (90mm vs 80mm) but your motor can't suck enough air without that car's blower for the 80mm to be a bottle neck.

strokedsvt

Established Member
Again I have another question. With my current setup what is the largest injector I could run without over fueling the car.

99 Cobra
MMR 4.75 Stroker
04 cobra tank
BBK OR X-Pipe
SLP LM1
JLT CAI

01yellercobra

Established Member
I wouldn't go above 39lb. No point really. But unless your 24's are maxed I wouldn't bother swapping.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
Agreed, in theory you could run the '03 cobra's 39lb injectors, but you'd be under-utilizing them, and it would be a waste of money. They're not better injectors...they're just bigger injectors. In fact, a case could be made that they're slightly SLOPPIER when asked for very tiny squirts of fuel like you'd be asking of them on your NA engine.

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
I gained a .1 and 1 mph switching to a 90mm maf when I was bolt on's. If you are planning a blower in the future you might as well just go to 60's or 80's for injectors. There is no power gain to be had with the injectors just more head room for future mods. With a proper tune even 80's are not a problem with too much fuel at idle.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I gained a .1 and 1 mph switching to a 90mm maf when I was bolt on's. If you are planning a blower in the future you might as well just go to 60's or 80's for injectors. There is no power gain to be had with the injectors just more head room for future mods. With a proper tune even 80's are not a problem with too much fuel at idle.
I'd guess your gain came from the tune instead of the MAF itself. He should wait until he gets the blower before bothering with injectors. They're pointless on his current set up.

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
I'd guess your gain came from the tune instead of the MAF itself. He should wait until he gets the blower before bothering with injectors. They're pointless on his current set up.[/QUOTE

Car was tuned by me before and after. But yea the stock injectors are fine.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was just saying that the tune is where you got your extra power from. You probably would've gained the same amount with a stock MAF. A MAF doesn't add power. It just extends the range if you're current MAF is pegged.

Users who are viewing this thread