Swapping a 03 cobra to a 99-04, gt or base does it matter?

Westcoast

Established Member
I recently have purchased a mildly wrecked 03 cobra. It's 10th Anv. and was a wipple and lots of quality parts. The car can not be rebuilt, so I am planning on doing a complete swap into another car and I am wondering if it matters wether I start with a gt or base model? My cobra has damage on the the front bumper and rt fender only, everything esle is great, the car is silver and I was hoping to find another silver car to limit the painting(swapping hood,trunk, etc). So just wondering if there's anything I should be aware of? Thanks in advance.

cotchnobra

Established Member
If you could find a silver V6 with a blown motor that would be the way to go. Everything will transfer over just fine and you will have paid a lot less for the base model shell that you know hasn't been abused. Just gut the base model's interior, drive train and wiring and Put the cobra parts in and you are done.

Westcoast

Established Member
That's what I was thinking just wanted make sure the chassis ate the same, I'm relatively new to the new edge cars. That's alot.

cotchnobra

Established Member
Yes it is a lot of stuff to do but it is all straight forward and all the bolts line up for everything. you wont have to do any fabrication work.

Users who are viewing this thread