Swapping a Tremec 3650 in to my 98 Cobra

Chuk

Gangster SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey guys just wondering what i need to get this Tremec 3650 into my car, im taking out the T45 (its pretty blown apart), I have a spec 3 clutch, im resurfacing my flywheel, i'm buying a new shifter and from what ive heard the driveshaft from the T45 will work as will the bellhousing on the Tremec, is there anything im missing? will my stock crossmember work?

thanks for your help guys!

Chuk

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
i didn't think you could use the bellhousing on the T-45 because its actually part of the tranny, i might be wrong though.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
yeah, get a tko or T56. I've also heard that the 3650 is weaker than the T-45, LOL, as I posted the same question in a previous thread. The 3650 came in 01-04 GT's, and the 03-04 mach 1's. Look on ebay and youll find about 10 of them with less than 5k miles. That has to tell ya somethin....

CY98Cobra

Established Member
The T3650 is notorious for synchro failures and these can only be bought through Ford. For this reason many people have swapped to a t45 because Ford charges an outrageous price for the synchro's. I would swap to a T56 or a TKO. They are rated alot higher (less chance of breakage) and will last alot longer.

Chuk

Gangster SVT Poster
Established Member
thanks for your input guys but i really was juts wondering what else i would need to put it in my car beside the shifter

Users who are viewing this thread