Swapping Power/NonPower Seats (and vice versa)

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Friend of mine who drives 90 miles a day for work didn't like his Recaros so I swapped my Premium power leathers with him and they were a direct swap. Electronics plug right in. (His non power Recaros plugged right into my car and my power leathers plugged right into his car).

There are two plugs underneath the driver seats and they plug right in for airbag and motors. Not sure why power and nonpower seats have the exact plugs but my guess is that one plug is to detect the airbag and the second is for all power whether airbag and motors or just airbags.

Anyways, I'm loving these seats. Center panel is somewhat worn though. Considering replacing with alcantara... Anyone have custom work on their Recaros or just seats in general?

Recaros.jpg

lsxjunkie

Established Member
Nice. I'm looking to get a power passenger seat for my fiancee. She hates not being able to see over the dash in the Recaros.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Nice. I'm looking to get a power passenger seat for my fiancee. She hates not being able to see over the dash in the Recaros.

I believe that the plug on the passenger side will work for power seats as well seeing as the plugs are identical on the driver and passenger side.

Users who are viewing this thread