swapping sho motor in to buggy

qk01lightning

Established Member
i just picked up a 91 sho.i am getting ready to do the water pump.i am thinking after i get it running drive it for a few months and then pulling the motor and putting it in my mid travel buggy(currently has a 4.3 chevy)i have seen a couple of buggys running these in them and they run pretty hard.i just dont have any idea where to start.what electrical i need from the car,where to get adapter for 091 vw tranny,what i can block off and who makes straight headers.thanks for any info

SHOspazz92

Established Member
qk01lightning said:
i just picked up a 91 sho.i am getting ready to do the water pump.i am thinking after i get it running drive it for a few months and then pulling the motor and putting it in my mid travel buggy(currently has a 4.3 chevy)i have seen a couple of buggys running these in them and they run pretty hard.i just dont have any idea where to start.what electrical i need from the car,where to get adapter for 091 vw tranny,what i can block off and who makes straight headers.thanks for any info

If you go on the SHOforum and contact a member named "Off Road SHO" he can help you. His name is Tom, He's a good guy.

-Sam

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
i agree he should definetly be able to help you. just to show you some custom stuff people have done with sho engines. saw this a a car show
dsc00256va0.jpg

dsc00257mu9.jpg

SHOspazz92

Established Member
gomach1 said:
i agree he should definetly be able to help you. just to show you some custom stuff people have done with sho engines. saw this a a car show
dsc00256va0.jpg

dsc00257mu9.jpg

What the hell is with that V8 Air Cleaner? :rollseyes

-Sam

Users who are viewing this thread