Basanni axleback ss exhaust with 4" tips
BBK throttle body (twin 62 mm)
DSS 1 piece aluminum
FRPP 3.73 ring/pinion
J & M lower/upper control arms
Hurst short throw
Roush rear springs (-1")
Bama tune (SCT handheld)

My question is, if I go to a FRPP throttle body (twin 62mm), will I need a new tune from Bama ?

Also, will I notice any power gains by adding to a FRPP intake manifold with the FRPP throttle body ?
(I realize by adding the different intake manifold, I will need a new tune)

I don't plan on doing cams or headers.

Thanks !

Last edited:

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
I have a 07' GT with 6200 miles & only a few mods:

My question is, if I go to a FRPP throttle body (twin 62mm), will I need a new tune from Bama ?

Also, will I notice any power gains by adding to a FRPP intake manifold with the FRPP throttle body ?
(I realize by adding the different intake manifold, I will need a new tune)

I don't plan on doing cams or headers.

Thanks !

Gstick-Good question and if you're going to be swapping them we would recommend a tune revisions for both the FRPP TB as well as the Intake Manifold. Let me know if you have any other questions or feel free to shoot Bama a call directly at 888.226.9764

-Alex

rfreeman37

Established Member
Spend your money elsewhere. TB is a waste. Also if you look at the FRPP manifold Google it and look at where the gains if any within that idle to 6k you will find the manifold doesn't add anywhere to very lil. Research it I think you will be very surprised what you get for $1,000 with a manifold and or TB. You will get better gains installing detroit rockers!! And installing cams on these cars are not that difficult. Again don't take my word research it and surprise yourself. You will gain more and be happier with installing cams and headers. Can't open the intake and keep the exhaust the same. IMHO if you do so you will lose power!!

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the C&L intake manifold and BBK 62mm TB and noticed nothing but headaches. Go with a set of ported cylinder heads and some 127600 cams along with some short tube FRPP coated headers or pypes long tubes and it will scream. If you are still set with not putting in cams or headers then id just leave it alone and drive it.

rfreeman37

Established Member
I have researched basically every bolt on and ask people like NASVT who is extremely knowledgeable on how to get power from NA cars and in this case the intake isn't worth it unless you looking for pick numbers past 6000 and you spinning it all the time past 6000 if you ain't the intake ain't worth it and regardless what anyone says the TB is a total waste. Like stated earlier either do the LT's cams and CAI with tune and you will enjoy it or leave it alone. The shorties according to what I was told will change the hp range vs seriously adding any like LT's will.

I have the C&L intake manifold and BBK 62mm TB and noticed nothing but headaches. Go with a set of ported cylinder heads and some 127600 cams along with some short tube FRPP coated headers or pypes long tubes and it will scream. If you are still set with not putting in cams or headers then id just leave it alone and drive it.

Gstick

Established Member
I appreciate all of the input. I was hoping that the FRPP 62mm throttle body would take away the slow RPM drop, and make it smoother vs the BBK 62mm TB. I was considering a Procharger, but I think that I'll save my cash, and sell this car in a year or 2, and jump on the newer 5.0 platform 'Stang.

cleanstang

Established Member
Save your money, or spend it on something else. Tb and tb spacers are usuless unless you want an expensive paper weight

Users who are viewing this thread