Swirl Marks!!!!

badass03GT

Established Member
alright, i have a torch red 03GT and i have those annoying swirl marks that everyone hates basically all over my car :bash: and i need to know how is the EASIEST way to make them disappear without repainting the enitre car. SO HELP ME!!

XFIRECHIEF

Established Member
Clayed

I got rid of swirls by claying the whole car then a cleaner, then polish, then wax. This took about 4-5 hrs. but it sure looks great.

Tropi-CareChris

Tropi-Care Distributor
Established Member
badass03GT said:
alright, i have a torch red 03GT and i have those annoying swirl marks that everyone hates basically all over my car :bash: and i need to know how is the EASIEST way to make them disappear without repainting the enitre car. SO HELP ME!!

You dont have to repaint your ride!!

Clay will remove the junk and some swirls from your paint, but to get ride of these eye sores, you will need to apply Swirl Cutter, it will get the small stuff the clay cant get, and those nasty swirls too.

Then apply TC-3 polish and you will be amazed at how well your red machine will look!

Let me know if I can help.

Chris

Scott P

Established Member
badass03GT said:

The easiest way to get rid of swirls is to take it to a pro detailer to polish them out. :)

But, you can also do it. You need to use a polish or dedicated swirl remover to remove or reduce those swirls. A good machine like a Porter Cable 7424/7336 will work best, but they can come out by hand. Hand polishing does take some effort, but you will get those marks out. Claying does not remove swirls. It is an essentail step towards a beautiful finish, but it won't do squat for swirls.

Once you get them out, you just have to take care not to put them back into the finish. Proper washing and drying techniques go a long way towards preventing swirls and cob-webbing.

Users who are viewing this thread