switched to a rolled tip on the magnaflows

fatcobra

Established Member
the exhaust has a new note to it, sounds alot better. The shape is almost the same as what came with the magnaflow catback, just rolled ends. Gets real deep and nasty at WOT, and for less then $60 I have to say it was worth the money.

whtsnake03

Established Member
Any pictures? Where did you get the rolled tips? I have the Magnaflow cat back and love it but I would prefer rolled tips.

fatcobra

Established Member
I will take some pics tomarrow, but I got the tips from full line exhaust. They are magnaflow tips also.

fatcobra

Established Member
heres a couple pics
1807PANA0025-med.JPG

1807PANA0026-med.JPG

RossSVT

Established Member
John at complete exhaust is a great guy with GREAT deals. I'm sure it's the same one I got from him. For the 03-04 Cobra. Stainless with the 3 1/2" tips. Vist his website and then call him.

www.completeexhaust.com

Last edited:

SVTFinally

Established Member
Called John at CompleteExhaust

1 #15644 for $349.00
2 #35117 for $50.00 (rolled tips)

Delivered to my door: $448.45

And I agree that John is a great guy to work with.

Abe Abromowitz

Established Member
SVTFinally said:
Called John at CompleteExhaust

1 #15644 for $349.00
2 #35117 for $50.00 (rolled tips)

Delivered to my door: $448.45

And I agree that John is a great guy to work with.

If you don't mind, please tell me about your exhaust - do you have a clip?

Chappy

Established Member
Are the tips just a bolt on type of thing? If so, interested in selling your old magnaflow 3.5" tips?

2003 Silver

Banned
Chappy said:
Are the tips just a bolt on type of thing? If so, interested in selling your old magnaflow 3.5" tips?

If you are interested....In a week or two I will have MRT chrome rolled 3.5" tips available...they are adjustable and built to Magnaflow's specs.

Chappy

Established Member
Might be... I'm actually looking at getting a Flowmaster catback, but am a little unsure if the 3 inch tips are going to cut it.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Chappy said:
...am a little unsure if the 3 inch tips are going to cut it.
Here's my opinion... Rolled tips tend to make the pipes look smaller than they actually are. When Borla started using 4" rolled tips, I thought they would look way too big. But now that I have them on my car, they look awesome. They fill up the rear bumper openings but don't look like huge ricer tips. So what I'm saying is that any rolled tips under 4" might look too small. Those openings in the rear bumper are pretty large and it takes big pipes to fill them up.

One other comment about Magnaflow tips...again, just my opinion. Maganaflow tips are not cut at the correct angle... they don't match the rear bumper angle or resemble the angle of the stock tips. They almost look like straight pipes. Their tips need to be cut at a more aggressive angle. Someone on this board cut his Magnaflow tips at a more aggressive angle on a chop saw...and he said they looked much better. Obviously you can't cut rolled tips like this or they'll be ruined.

-Greg

fatcobra

Established Member
yeah they are 3 1/2 basically they are just like the ones that come on the magnaflow catback system, just rolled.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
I just had my 4 inch rolled tips welded on this weekend, and let me tell you, it does change the exhaust note, and it looks sick. Go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread