Switching from spray to a Procharger

mkrantz1106

Established Member
Thinking about at some point switching from a plate kit to a Procharger, thinking of getting a d1sc with a stage 2 kit for my f150, already have a boss intake and a circle d 3c converter. What could I expect to pick up? My truck weighs 4500lbs

4VFTW

Established Member
I love my StgII D1 setup , but on a truck I think a TVS would be a much better choice.

I would expect a stock pullied D1 to make 50+rwhp more than the 150shot depending on tuning

mkrantz1106

Established Member
I love my StgII D1 setup , but on a truck I think a TVS would be a much better choice.

I would expect a stock pullied D1 to make 50+rwhp more than the 150shot depending on tuning

Yea, I'd do a tvs but I already have a boss IM and a converter, I feel like it wouldn't be much different sence I already have those mods done. I think I could go low 11s with a d1 on like 9-10psi

4VFTW

Established Member
well the Boss IM could be sold to offset some of the TVS cost and the 3C shouldnt hurt you any , although you could call Chris@CircleD and ask him his thoughts.

Troponin

Established Member
The TVS set ups are a blast on the street. Instant power and tq. OTOH, the more money you put in to a centri system, they typically pull ahead in power. As you can see from my sig, I love TVS set ups. lol I know it falls behind, but I am ok with that because I don't track my vehicles and my truck is my DD. I have a full warranty on both my vehicles through ROUSH as well, another plus with going with the ROUSH systems.

Back to your original question though. I have seen dynos on the F150 with a phase 2 kit and they put down about 420whp (rated at 570hp from the crank) for the 4x4 version. Not sure how much difference there is in the 2x4 version, but I know these drivetrains are pretty parasitic. I would imagine you don't be far off from that.

You won't regret the change though. To be free from the bottle and have power ANY time you want it is a beautiful thing. Tons of fun!!

Be sure to post up when you get it all done!

mkrantz1106

Established Member
One reason I wanted to do a Procharger is to be kinda differant, I know a decent amount of guys with tvs setups and only a few with prochargers and I'd be even more different with a d1 plus I want it forward fasting I think they look sick and sound sick. Plus I know they run good on trucks even with just a p1 without a converter, so I really think my truck would run good with a Procharger with my parts I already have

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
you already have converter and boss mani... i'd run a centri. In the interest of cost savings i'd just go Paxton/vortech if I were you with your current mods.

Prochargers are badass but the D1 setup you want will be over a thousand dollars more expensive than a SL2200.

Users who are viewing this thread