Switching oil from Mobil 1 to castrol

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Forgive me if it's a stupid question. Any downsides? Id rather this not turn into a discussion of what oil is better please.

Can I switch back and forth with no negative side effects?

AAG

Established Member
Yes you can switch back and forth. Castrol is a good oil, I stopped using because its price vs its direct competitors.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
i will say this and there is a dude on this site that is the guru with oil but in some cases you pay for what you get. im not telling you what to buy but my car at 5000 miles when i did my oil change had dark almost black oil (factory stuff) and i put in mobil one and at 10000 miles i did another oil change and the oil looked pretty good and probably 1/2 as dark as the factory stuff. car was drove the same from day one till the 2nd oil change. im sure some of the darkness is just from being a new motor.

so if its a price think as to why you are changing i hope it works out for you in the long run. up until i started using mobil one and RP i used castrol with no issues.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Why I want to is cause its what's on sale this month. I have always used Mobil 1 and I know Castro synthetic is a good oil. I'm in Louisiana where we don't see the extremes like may far north or west do. Usually one of those two are on sale so I am considering just using what's on sale when change is due if I hadn't planned ahead and gotten it early.

Users who are viewing this thread