Switching to E85

w1tchblad3

Established Member
So I just made the switch to E85 so far I like it I'm just wondering is it safe to run all the time or do y'all recommend switching back and forth with gas.
Oh and right now I'm using amsoil do y'all have to do oil changes sooner with E85. Right now I'm doing my oil changes every 7,000 miles.

JeremyH

Established Member
I do change my system out, I don't know that is mandatory. I run 2-3 tanks of e85 and then run a tank of 93 and switch tunes etc. I have not changed my oil change interval.

03redfirevert.

coyote eater
Established Member
going on 4 years on svo and 2 years on the cobra on e-85, Once I put it on corn, they never saw gasoline again.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Right at 3 yrs straight E85 use for me. No 93. I've made posts in this section with pics of my plug and fuel filter changes which I do annually....they look perfect. Squeaky clean. Pretty much brand new looking, but I swap them out anyways. The 18 month span I ran 93 before switching to E85 3 yrs ago the fuel filter and plugs looked much worse.

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm at about 1000 miles and approx 9 months on e85. I made about a 3 day long switch to gas to dial in my tune then right back to e85. I love the stuff and plan to stay on it forever based off guys like c6zhombre's experience.

Grabberblue_5.0

Established Member
This question maybe has been asked before, But im gonna ask anyway Whats the E85 range i wanna stay in i've heard anything over 90 is bad is true?

Users who are viewing this thread