Sworn into the Air Force today

03Black

Established Member
Went to Meps today and got sworn into the Air Force. I will be starting as e-3 because of my aa degree. I lost 2 jobs because I failed the color blind portion but I was still able to get the majority of the jobs I originally wanted. So now I sit and wait to see what comes available. One of the jobs I am really interested in is crypto linguist but I have to take another test for that. Did anybody take this test and have any tips on passing it.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
congratulations bro. way to step up. I served 4 years and then got out once my enlistment was up. Best decision I ever made.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah the test is called the DLAB. It's a listening and comprehension test. The only advice I can give is pay VERY close attention to what it tells you (it is a test you listen to). Other than that good luck. The first time I took it I scored an 80 or 89, second time I took it I got a 116. I was just more prepared for it the second time around I guess....

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Congrats man, I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Maybe we'll see each other at BMT. I don't have my departure date yet though.

brad7131

The Spocker!
Established Member
I'll be swearing into the Air Force on Thursday of next week! I'm hoping to be doing Air Traffic Controlling. I'll put up a thread whenever I find out when I'll be going to BMT, so maybe some of you guys will be going at the same time!

Congrats man, and good luck with whatever you end up doing.

FijiStudios

I Drive Slow
Established Member
I was just down at lackland a few weeks ago for my girl friends graduation. Its gonna be a shock but at graduation everyone is happy to have gone through it. The place is huge too!

Users who are viewing this thread