SXS questions, Talon and YZX

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
It’s decently larger than stock, 46mm on the compressor and the backside is way bigger than stock. Still supposed to be decently responsive which is why I chose it over going to the bigger Xona turbo that Evo and Whalen both use for their 400+ hp packages

The boost level is surprising, the kit calls for ~35 pounds but says the turbo will support up to 40. I’m going to throw a wideband on it and get it on the dyno to see where it’s running at that level. May need to back the wastegate preload off a hair

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s decently larger than stock, 46mm on the compressor and the backside is way bigger than stock. Still supposed to be decently responsive which is why I chose it over going to the bigger Xona turbo that Evo and Whalen both use for their 400+ hp packages

The boost level is surprising, the kit calls for ~35 pounds but says the turbo will support up to 40. I’m going to throw a wideband on it and get it on the dyno to see where it’s running at that level. May need to back the wastegate preload off a hair

I read that 35 psi number too.

I like the stock-frame turbo upgrades. That's probably what ill do on my RZR.

kind of sleeperish with good stock-like drivability but massive top end power.

beau t

Established Member
Got my X3 sorted out today with the new build. This is a sub 3 second 0-60 on gravel with DOT tires launch off the 2 step. Seeing 41 pounds of boost
Thats impressive - - Im hoping it has a pretty big intercooler on it?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Smaller than you’d expect. It maintains IAT’s pretty well though and it’s on E85 so not like a little temperature is gonna hurt too much

Users who are viewing this thread