Syclone's and Typhoon's?

OrangeCrush

Has any of you raced a GMC Syclone or Typhoon? I was wondering cause they're talking about a club in FL called F.lorida A.ssembly of S.vt T.rucks (F.A.S.T.), saying they ripped off they're name Florida Association of Syclone's and Typhoon's (F.A.S.T.) also. Which could be true, I don't really care about that, but they go on to say how they would smoke the Lightning's. I'm just wondering if they could, I know they're fast, but faster than the "L's"? I'm talking about stock from the factory. Any info or idea's on which would win at the track? TIA

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
I think the guys that were talking about using that name decided to go with something else. It wouldn't be too good to have the same group name as someone else. I figured that was going to get the Sy and Ty guys all fired up. I don't know if either of them stock out runs a stock L. Could be. I also don't think that there are many of either the Sy or Ty around that are still stock.

Mrelmtow

Established Member
I had a 93 Typhoon and it ran a 13.7 and my stock 2000 L ran a 14.1. Both times the temps were around 70 degrees.

Mike

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
I must admit, I like the idea of being able to rev up to 3500 rpm and then just mashing the throttle,and not have to worry about spinning or using slicks, also you can get the boost into the 20's w/that thing.......oh well.I still think my L is bad ass!

Users who are viewing this thread