Symptom of a bad cat?

AC Mech

Established Member
Ok guy's I have alway's noticed an amonia like smell after a dyno pull (noticed the same on other Cobra's). I am smelling this all the time now even when at idle. Does this suggest a cat converter problem? Any ideas?:beer:

chrisdf_382

Banned
have it sniff tested(exhaust probed)... cost only like 15 bucks.. at least here in CA a pre test is like 20 bones.... ...and they do not enter info into the system... at least thats what i did once with a previous stang... thats pretty much the easiest and BEST way to determine it..

AC Mech

Established Member
Thanks for the suggestion..they don't have testing stations here. Anyone know the smell i am referring to? As I said earlier I have noticed mine and other Cobra's emit this smell after dyno pulls, but mine is doing it all the time:shrug:

SVT04

Established Member
A bad cat will hiss at you and scratch you if you go near him....he may even pee in your slippers ....cat pee has a definite ammonia smell :lol:

Last edited:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Ususally a bad cat will either throw a code or will sound like marbles rolling around in a tin can. Of course it will only throw a code if you havefunctioning rear O2 sensors which have not been disabled by a tune or by MIL Eliminators.

Users who are viewing this thread