symptoms of the FRPS failing?

03cobrah

Established Member
Every time I go WOT in my car, it bogs down a bit then pulls fine all the way through. i don't get a check engine light and my car idles normally. today when i went to start the car, it wouldn't start. it will turn over and over but won't start.

Could this be the FRPS? Luckily i ordered a kb disc and FRPS on Thursday so i'm hoping this is it. Is it an easy install? thanks

Last edited:

imajeenyas

Established Member
Pull the vacuum line off and turn the key on. If its blown, fuel will shoot out of the frps. KB disc is an extremely easy install.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Does it feel like it's hitting the rev limiter, but in reality it isn't? Mine felt like that around 5-5500 rpms. Mine threw a code though that showed the frps could be the problem. My car would drive just drive fine otherwise. I changed oil, replaced the sensor and added the kb disc. Solved my problems.

03cobrah

Established Member
Does it feel like it's hitting the rev limiter, but in reality it isn't? Mine felt like that around 5-5500 rpms. Mine threw a code though that showed the frps could be the problem. My car would drive just drive fine otherwise. I changed oil, replaced the sensor and added the kb disc. Solved my problems.

it was more like once I put the pedal to the medal to go WOT it would bog down like I hit the breaks for a second or like I loss power.. then it would pull fine all the way through the rpm band. i'd literally get whipped lashed cause my head would fall forward because of how dramatic it was until it actually started pulling then i'd get slapped back into my seat lol. otherwise it was fine then until the first second i wanted to go WOT. no check engine light for me.

Pull the vacuum line off and turn the key on. If its blown, fuel will shoot out of the frps. KB disc is an extremely easy install.

thanks i will try this. my car is at the body shop when this started happening. they checked the inertia switch and it was still good. so i dunno what it is... Does disconnecting the wiring from the FRPS sensor and starting the car another method to check if it's bad? so technically if it starts without i connected, the FRPS is bad?

Edit: the factory alarm is alaso disabled in my tune since there is a corrupt file in the pcm. i dunno if that would make a difference. i've had it like that for a while driving back and fourth from school and had no issues with starting the car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread