T-45 Question

03CobraRed

Established Member
How much fluid does our T-45 Trannys hold? I was thinking of going with Mobil-1 trans fluid but does anybody recommend anything else?

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Just fill 'er up until it comes up even with the fill hole, can't remember off hand what the quartage is. I would not use synthetic in any manual tranny though, the real slippery stuff like Mobil 1 doesn't really let the synchros do their jobs. GM Syncromesh.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I'm going completely off of memory from years ago, so I could be totally wrong but I want to say I bought like 3 quarts when I changed mine...

scuzzdude2587

Established Member
I was just at a shop that installed my 4.30s (Riverside Gears in Eaton Rapids, MI) and I told the guy I had a T-56 waiting around to be installed...he said fill it up with 10w30 Mobil 1 full synth because it has really good anti-foaming stuff in it for the 2 overdrives. Not much help on the T-45, but it may help somebody.

PETSNKE

Established Member
Technically it's 6.6 pints for a T45 (2 pints in a qt)

I just buy 4 qts and remove the the shifter and fill from there. Remove the top fill plug, put pan under the trans and pour all 4 qts in and let the excess drain from the trans. Works well for me and I'm not screwing around with a pump under the car.

I've used the Motorcraft, Mobil1, Red Line D4 and Royal Purple Syncromax. I think the Syncromax has been the best so far. I change my trans fluid after every 8 days of road course use, with a day usually consisting of 4-30 minute sessions.

melectrok

Ford Driver for Life
Established Member
I did have a question on this myself. When filling the transmission. Do you need the car level? Or the transmission level? if you level the car the trans is on a slight tilt.

Users who are viewing this thread