T-45

03CobraRed

Established Member
Hey guys quick question that I did not find in a search.

Is there a difference between a 98 GT T-45 and a 98 Cobra T-45 trans?

Second question, anybody have a T-45 laying around?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
majority of it should be the same, gotta use a differnt flywhell 8 bolt instead of the 6

03CobraRed

Established Member
Ok back to the drawing board. I need to find a T-45 just to use for the rest of this season. T-56 going in this winter.

jimmygti

Established Member
i think the t-45 in the cobra also has 2 extra bolts on top of the transmission, so a total of 8 and the gt only has 2, i'm not sure if this is exactly right though:shrug:

epracmetcon

Established Member
I've got one that needs to be gone through. I lost second gear in it. Probably a shift fork if you are interested in it.

19Mystic96

Established Member
T-45 from 1996-98 GT are different than the Cobra Mustangs. The transmission mount point is moved further back for the Cobras and as well as a 8 tooth drive speedometer gear. Cobras T-45 are equipped with a 7 tooth speedo gear..

03CobraRed

Established Member
Mine has some third gear issues, as in there is no third gear. Thats why I am looking for a new one (one that works)

jlg32281

Established Member
There is a T-45 on Houston Craigslist for $250 and it only has 19k on it. I saw it yesterday. I don't know what shipping would cost, but they're not that hard to come by. Someone correct me, but the later T45 in the GT are the same as the Cobra.

03CobraRed

Established Member
They actually are harder to find than you think, in working order that is. I know like 15 people that have a broken one lol.

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your loss but I assume this means the blower works good on your car love the car wanted to buy it a while back just couldn't swing it best of luck in you search.:beer:

03CobraRed

Established Member
Thanks, almost a twin! I was in third under full boost and 3rd let go, wasn't good. It still drives but clunks and I only had to drive maybe 1/2 mile home. Every gear is there except third, unlike my previous 96 which got stuck in 3rd. lol

Last edited:

epracmetcon

Established Member
Thanks, almost a twin! I was in third under full boost and 3rd let go, wasn't good. It still drives but clunks and I only had to drive maybe 1/2 mile home. Every gear is there except third, unlike my previous 96 which got stuck in 3rd. lol

At least you didnt get stuck in first 35 miles from your house...lol

Animalmutha97

My mom says I'm cool
Established Member
At least you didnt get stuck in first 35 miles from your house...lol

That happened to me. Only about 10 miles though. Turned a short drive into something that took almost an hour! Went through 3 T-45's til I finally got the last one built by Bob Hanlon. My buddy has a T-45 laying around from a 97 GT

Users who are viewing this thread