T-56 clutch install with longtubes

03TermiCobra

Established Member
Just wondering if it's possible to work around bbk longtubes to get the tranny out or what I need to do.

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
You will not have any issues just a little tighter than usual. Use a trans jack if you have one or can get one.

100_0605.gif

these are Kooks... but same idea.

GL

Stopsign32v

Established Member
FYI the clearance of the trans between Kooks and BBK are not the same.

da2k17

Established Member
I had BBK and it was no issue getting trans in and out. to do a clutch though, will be tough but far from impossible... the bell housing wouldnt come out between the tubes but there was enough room to get the pressure plate, clutch, etc in and out... not the easiest but doable.

now i have kooks LT and my throw out bearing is squealing... these tubes are a LOT bigger, i hope its as easy to get the trans out. i want to do a clutch while its all pulled apart too but i really dont think there will be enough room between the tubes...

Aero7

Established Member
I put a T-56 in my 99 cobra and I have long tubes. I pull my transmission out first, then I have to slightly spread my long tubes apart to get the bellhousing out. GL

YBanshee

Noob
Established Member
Recently did a clutch on my 03...twice lol. I have Kooks 1-3/4" longtubes and I had zero clearance problems. Dropped tranny first and then housing. Biggest issue is getting to the starter bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread