T45 Problem....

tankerman1981

Established Member
Ok maybe someone can give me an idea what broke before I bring it in so at least maybe i will have some idea before hand. I was drivin to the gym and went thru the gears as normal just everyday driving nothing hard and was in 3 rd gear and as i came up to the stoplight i pressed the clutch in and went to pull it out of 3rd and nothing... it WOULD NOT COME OUT!!! Now I managed to get it to the gym parking lot and i try to diagnose it there. Well it comes out of 3rd just far enough to not be in gear but will not move anywhere but in 3rd. Now this has happened a couple times before and all i did was pull hard on it a few times and it went back to normal, i thought it might have been my clutch going but now i know its not the clutch and am about to have it taken out to get looked at. Anyways if anyone has any ideas what it might be any help would be great.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
The replacement shift fork itself will be cheap, but the labor is what will get ya, you're probably looking at at least 8 - 10 hours of labor at a shop so start calling around and getting quotes.

tankerman1981

Established Member
yea been trying round here but most shops i talked to wont touch my car cause of all the work i have done to it and especially with the longtube headers... it sucks cause it has been sitting for a month now and i hate just looking at it

phoenix330

Established Member
ask BottlefedGT on corral.net, he sell 1-2 3-4 reinforced shift fork for 300$ they are HUGE and almost unbreakable...
one of my friend had them in his t45 and he is really happy and he powershift without any problem (fear) !

nestmendoza98

Established Member
Sucks you live so far, my shop would fix it no problem and wouldn't charge you alot since your a fellow sn-95r :) but seriously not hard to do on your own. Just nuts and bolts.

tankerman1981

Established Member
yea i wish i could do it myself and all jus dont have the space to do it in and out of everything on that car transmissions are not my thing... ahhh i just hope i can find a shop soon to help me out

Users who are viewing this thread