T56 conversion kit on ebay

fourvalvegt

Established Member
I would not purchase from that company directly I have had issues with them in the past. If you look around you can definitely do that swap cheaper also. There is a company on ebay that sell rebuilt t56s for cobras at a very decent price, I used to get them for roughly 1300 about a year ago and never had an issue with any of them.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Pretty complete but you'll still need either a different u-joint to mate the drive-shaft to the rear-end, or you'll need a 03/04 Cobra pinion flange.

I agree with fourvalvegt though, it is really pricey. You can do it on your own much cheaper by shopping around and being patient.

Last edited:

9cobrastang7

Gogo Green Machine
Established Member
waaaaay overpriced. You can easily get the whole conversion (transmission, driveshaft and universal flange) for less than 1,500. Just search the classified here. That's where I bought mine a year or so ago.

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
+1 search classifieds and craigslist, pick one up for around 1500 and then modify your stock crossmember. After that its just driveshaft modification and then the mechanical to electronic speedo conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread