T56 Magnum with BBK LT Headers

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
Can anyone tell me if the transmission will still be Removable with these headers? Only reason I'm leaning to BBK's is I already have the mid pipe i need as i had LT's on the 2v i pulled out and its just an extra place to save a couple bucks on my build, but i don't want to sacrifice serviceability down the road of the transmission.

Thanks for any input guys!:beer:

jblood37

Established Member
Buy the BBKs and go with my stock t56. I'll trade you straight up for the magnum that way everything fits nicely. :beer:

TRBO VNM

Well, I can't tell you for certain, but I can say it will be a very tight fit. You might be able to cut off a couple worthless ears on the trans to help with clearance, but it will be tight.

Frankly, I would NEVER install BBK's. IMO the quality is poor at best and design isn't any better. Even getting the bell housing out with the BBK's is a pita. Unless that was the actual t56. LOL All I know is they SUCK to work around and I have only had to do it a few times. Actually have a clutch to install this weekend in a car that has them. Thanks for the reminder, time to increase my labor rate for this install. LOL

If doing it on the cheap, MAC. If you want to top quality, ARH.

svtaddict

Established Member
i have no idea what your talking about^ removing the bell housing and t56 with my bbk longtubes is as easy as any transmission work ive done. mine are jet coated and the quality looks to be very nice on my set.

TRBO VNM

i have no idea what your talking about^ removing the bell housing and t56 with my bbk longtubes is as easy as any transmission work ive done. mine are jet coated and the quality looks to be very nice on my set.

I guess I should take pics of the car I just did subframe connectors on. It has BBK as well and they look horrible. And then I will take pics again this weekend of the one I do the clutch on.

The design has them tuck in instead of staying out. It limits the room. The first car I dealt with that had that I had to spread them out in order to do clutch work and risk causing an exhaust leak. Now, maybe they have changed the design since then and if so, go figure. But they are still a mild steel coated header that eventually wears off and rusts through from either the inside out or outside in.

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
Thanks Guys. Ive decided to just run stock manifolds, because i know i won't be happy with the BBK's and i don't wan a shell out for ARH headers right now.

Users who are viewing this thread