T56 Swap

BluMach03

Established Member
and you need to extend a couple wires, the speed sensor and reverse sensors are in different spots opposed to the 5spd...just curious, but why you going to a 6spd?

Kove

Established Member
Do you have to have a driveshaft custom made since we have solid axle and the Cobra has the IRS?

kat kat

Established Member
im already on my 2nd 3650 and it just started scrapping 3rd and ive had my Mach for 3years, I have a Steeda Tri Ax on it... Im getting ready to replace the clutch, so im thinking about going with a T56 because they are a lil stronger than the 3650's...

BluMach03

Established Member
understandable. i went to a t56 too cuz i was breaking 3650's left and right...the 56 was def stronger but its weighs a shitload more and 5th in a 3650 and 6th in a t56 are the same ratio(if you use a cobra tranny). i dont know if you drag race much but you lose alot with a 6spd if youre an N/A guy cuz first gear i think is a 2.60? and the 5spd is a 3.30 first gear. just a little to think about before you do it thats all. now im using a faceplated TKO...not trying to rain on anyones parade but only trying to help

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
You need the t56, bellhousing, shifter, T56 crossmember, T56 DS, IRS Pinion flange or a F150 pinoin Flange, Or just get a U joint that will work with the stock SRA flange and the T56 DS. The only wires i had to F with was for the Rev lock out. I just grounded one wire and the other wire ran to the brake light switch on the pedle to send power to go in Rev when you hit the brakes. I wouldnt waste your time with a stock T56. They break easy to. Go with a built one with a 26spline setup. oh and i never had a problem with my 3650 but never went to the track. Just so fun on Sat nights.

DarkMach1

Established Member
im already on my 2nd 3650 and it just started scrapping 3rd and ive had my Mach for 3years, I have a Steeda Tri Ax on it... Im getting ready to replace the clutch, so im thinking about going with a T56 because they are a lil stronger than the 3650's...

? You must really beat the sh!t out of those transmissions. Im the second owner, bought it with 30k miles and I have 87k now, plenty of daily driving and racing legal and illegal:shrug: and my stock 3650 on the stock clutch is just as smooth as the day I bought it.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
? You must really beat the sh!t out of those transmissions. Im the second owner, bought it with 30k miles and I have 87k now, plenty of daily driving and racing legal and illegal:shrug: and my stock 3650 on the stock clutch is just as smooth as the day I bought it.

Makes 2 of us until i sold it because i have bigger plans then what the 3650 will hold and i got a GREAT deal on a built T56.

EVO-lution

Established Member
I'm going T-56 as well. but the guy I'm buying off of had the T-56 and SRA already hooked up. so pretty much my set up is plug and play :). good luck with your decision man.

Users who are viewing this thread