T66 RX-7 vs. NSX with NOS... filmed by '03 Cobra

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
It was kind of hard to see the video with the tart cart right behind them... He should back off anyway... if something were to go wrong, riding the ass of the cars racing is not where you want to be...

stvdman

Established Member
Man, still going at it out there at Gandy, I guess the will never stop that stuff out there, crazy.

SURFNERV- I wish to god I was still down there, just sold my house in Seminole this summer. I WILL be back. Hell I just got a seminole, fl throw blanket from City hall for X-mas.

When I do get back, Ill maybe "catch" ya out at the Gandy one night...

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
yeah man, that'd be cool. There are always a few '03s out every saturday. We had five of us at one gas station once. Good stuff.

tommygun

Established Member
your buddies RX7 could be faster if he knew how to brake boost (ie leave under boost) but that civic prolly should have went in the 3rd lane and made the others sweat a little

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
Originally posted by tommygun
your buddies RX7 could be faster if he knew how to brake boost (ie leave under boost) but that civic prolly should have went in the 3rd lane and made the others sweat a little

His rx-7 has alot of potential. I has a fully built motor and a stand alone fuel management. The turbo's efficiency is above 20 psi. If he were to run it to it's max potential, it'd be making around 500+ whp. and I would probably need an upgraded SC to keep up.

tommygun

Established Member
show the incar from the civic, you can see the RX7 pull the NSX when that turbo spools

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
Originally posted by High-Noon
How much money does your friend have invested in that import?......

He bought it with a brand new paint job, new rebuilt engine, and a new turbo. Basically everything was just rebuilt. all for 20k.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I've got a friend with a silver RX-7 who has quite a few upgrades. He says he's putting down about 340-350rwhp. I have raced him a few times on the freeway, and I put about a car and a half on him at the initial hit, then he freezes me up to whatever speed we try. I'm pullied/chipped with 440rwhp. If your buddy has over 400rwhp, then you're going to need more than just a pulley/chip. Those things can be made light as hell! At least my friend's is.

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
I've got a friend with a silver RX-7 who has quite a few upgrades. He says he's putting down about 340-350rwhp. I have raced him a few times on the freeway, and I put about a car and a half on him at the initial hit, then he freezes me up to whatever speed we try. I'm pullied/chipped with 440rwhp. If your buddy has over 400rwhp, then you're going to need more than just a pulley/chip. Those things can be made light as hell! At least my friend's is.

huh. My friend has raced a local cobra with a chip and pulley, and the cobra pulled him by about 4 cars. That is when he was at the 360 whp range, so at the 410 ( like in the vid ), it would be very close to a chip and pullied '03.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by Surfnerv89
huh. My friend has raced a local cobra with a chip and pulley, and the cobra pulled him by about 4 cars. That is when he was at the 360 whp range, so at the 410 ( like in the vid ), it would be very close to a chip and pullied '03.

What does your friend in the cobra put down for power? I'm using a 2.93 pulley. All I know is how the race went down. Two other '03 cobra friends with smaller pulleys and more mods kept pulling on him that day, but I think he's running less RWHP than you're talking about. He's still using a twin turbo setup. I suppose it's always possible that my buddy lied about how much HP he was putting down, or perhaps he's a lot lighter than your friend's RX-7. I dunno. Here's a pic of his car though:

March%2029%20AutoX%20001.gif

chuck72.JPG

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
The cobra had a 2.80. But I fully believe your race. It looks like your friend might have a lighter car. He has some light wheels compared to my friends heavy 18's. and it doesn't look like your friend has the touring model which weighs over 100 pounds more. It's very likely that your friends car weighs under 3000 lb's with driver, as opposed to my friends who weighs around 3100.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by Surfnerv89
The cobra had a 2.80. But I fully believe your race. It looks like your friend might have a lighter car. He has some light wheels compared to my friends heavy 18's. and it doesn't look like your friend has the touring model which weighs over 100 pounds more. It's very likely that your friends car weighs under 3000 lb's with driver, as opposed to my friends who weighs around 3100.

3100? Ohhh yeah. He's much lighter than that. As you can see, he not only has the light wheels, but the front bumper is a lighter add on, and the hood is a composite material that feels like it could blow away in the wind! Now if only we could do that on our cobras.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread