kingcobra323

Established Member
20140407_124834.jpg
Finally finished my mount. Give me feedback
20140407_124810.jpg

Posted via Topify on Android

kingcobra323

Established Member
Yeah.thar MDF wood. Some wood bondo and 3m carbon vinyl. It took forever first time around. I'd like to try again. Bondo and carbon costed maybe 40$. Just took patience that and time. Cuz my Lil girl need alot of time

kingcobra323

Established Member
Ive thought about it. But all tablets have different specs so I'd need to physically have tablet with me. To fine tune fitment

mjohns930

Established Member
That looks really good. I would like to try my hand at building something like this but my skills at carpentry/body work are...terrible.

kingcobra323

Established Member
My carpentry skills are so so at best. I just kept trying till it worked out. Pm me I can give u tips also I have more pics of beginning stages

Mugzy

Connoisseur Extraordinair
Established Member
That looks really good. I would like to try my hand at building something like this but my skills at carpentry/body work are...terrible.
That's what bondo is for. To fix the f-ups. :) It just takes some practice and time. That's a great job for your first attempt. Fitment looks nice. I'm not a fan of the carbon fiber, but that's just personal opinion. For anyone else interested in giving something like this a shot goto www.diyma.com and look in the build log sub-forum. You can get lots of ideas and "secrets" there.

kingcobra323

Established Member
The mount is cut at a similar angle to the stereo surround slightly smaller and wedges in there. Stood in place on a harder launch. This week I will be getting a Nexus 7 2nd gen. And will make or modify current mount.

BLK_5.0

Established Member
that looks awesome! I want something like that for my ipad mini but dont want to pay $400 for that magnetic one from youtube and am nowhere near capable of creating something like that on my own lol

kingcobra323

Established Member
I'm actually finishing up my tab 4 mount. This coming week I will start working on a ipad mini one. I'm Just using rough specs from online. I need one physically to fine tune fitment. Pm me ur number I can send u pics and some video of what I've done so far

Users who are viewing this thread