Tach Adapter

ralphy1798

Established Member
I am hooking up my wideband to log RPMs. I think i might need a tach adapter, i am going to try it without, but if it doesnt work, i am going to buy a tach adapter...

Where can i get a tach adapter?

Can i buy it at napa, autozone or Napa?

Where can i get them online?

Are they specific for the vehicle?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff :banana:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
what wideband did you opt for anyways? I have the wide band commander, and all I needed was some t taps on coil #26 in the pcm. there's a few others like 104 COP that you can tap into.. save yourself some money and do it that way if you can.

-lex

TRBO VNM

you need the ford racing tach adapter. you can buy it online for $55 plus shipping I believe. I forget the website though.

ALA G8R

Banned
I installed a Dynojet Wideband Commander and got a tach signal off of the AET test lead. I didn't need a tach adapter.

ralphy1798

Established Member
How do you guys ground these things?

I am thinking i am going to need to move the ground from the cigarette lighter closer to the PCM to get it to work. I havent tried anything yet though...

I have the innovatemotorsports LM-1.

MikeW

Established Member
O when i sent you the PCM pin guide I thought you were installing hte DynoJet one. Innvoate sells a rpm pick-up kit dont they? IF not I go the ford racing ruote mentioned above.

ralphy1798

Established Member
97topless snake said:
O when i sent you the PCM pin guide I thought you were installing hte DynoJet one. Innvoate sells a rpm pick-up kit dont they? IF not I go the ford racing ruote mentioned above.

I bought the RPM converter from innovate motorsports and plan to simply tap a coil wire and plug it in and calibrate it. Does this unit called the "rpm converter" do the same thing as a tach adapter does? I think you need a tach adapter to massage (amplify and filter) the signal before it goes into the rpm converter. All the rpm converter does is convert a frequency to a steady DC voltage for the LM-1 to log.

Maybe i am off here and the rpm converter IS the tach adapter for my application!!! :read:

I will just try it this weekend, thats the best way!

:( Confusing :fm:

Users who are viewing this thread