Tail light gap

DCTHOM3

Established Member
Well i just had my tail lights blacked out and put them back on today and have a quick question.
Does the gap between the tailight housing and the rear fender seem to increase as you go up or do I just have some weird fitment issue?
Thanks SVTP
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member

Who is it? Oh, Im sorry. I cant come to the door right now. Im afraid that in my weakened condition, I could take a nasty spill down the stairs and subject myself to further school absences. You can reach my parents at their places of business. Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your concern for my well-being. Have a nice day

DCTHOM3

Established Member
Who is it? Oh, Im sorry. I cant come to the door right now. Im afraid that in my weakened condition, I could take a nasty spill down the stairs and subject myself to further school absences. You can reach my parents at their places of business. Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your concern for my well-being. Have a nice day

That movie was on the other day, classic

Here is a pic to desribe what i mean
IMG_1402.jpg

At the black arrow the tail light housing is flush against the fender.
At the red arrow there is about a 1/4" Gap and you can see the foam padding that is attached to the tail light housing.

Just wondering if this is normal

hinds04

Established Member
Sounds normal to me... all will be a little different I would think. You just probably didn't notice it until you started messing with them. As long as you have the 4 nuts snug on each they are in the exact same place as they were. Looks good by the way, now you can be like me and always be worried about being pulled over while going slow. Some black fr500's or some black saleens would set that baby off.

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
Any pics? How did you tint them, spray or overlays? Post up some pics if you can since our cars are the same. I'm thinking about doing a light tint myself. Just noticed you were in KY too! I'm in Lexington, where are you?

SpectorV

Established Member
my tail light where they meet the rear bumper differs side to side, I blame the "hump" the rear bumper gets thanks to the long flat area on the bumper below the tag that has no extra support~ I pushed it to even it out but I think it throws off the gap some.

DCTHOM3

Established Member
Yeah, I think i just didn't notice it before. I'm just like most with these cars and want them to be perfect. I'm gonna do a little touch up paint on the edges because you can see a line of white where they sanded the lense and then taped the edges before painting. That is probably what makes me notice the gap so much.

Here's some pics
IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

They are just loose until i have a chance to touch up the edges

Excuse the car the ass end tends to get dirty

DCTHOM3

Established Member
Any pics? How did you tint them, spray or overlays? Post up some pics if you can since our cars are the same. I'm thinking about doing a light tint myself. Just noticed you were in KY too! I'm in Lexington, where are you?

Yeah just posted pics. I got a shop in frankfort paint them. They've done them on quite a few cars. Did you have your cobra out a Eastland shoping center the other day?

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
Yeah just posted pics. I got a shop in frankfort paint them. They've done them on quite a few cars. Did you have your cobra out a Eastland shoping center the other day?

Yup that was me! Guess you were the guy that stopped me, lol. Are the brake lights still pretty visible during the day on yours? Looks great. :beer:

945LSTANG

Established Member
there is no gap difference on my car. there is a gap, but it doesn't get any bigger/smaller, nor is it very large. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread