Tail Light Overlays < Poop

Raz

Established Member
I got my tail light overlays today. From out of the box to the garbage can, they may have seen daylight for 3 minutes. Not to mention they looked cheap, but there was a huge wrinkle in one of them. 60 bucks. Wasted. Never again. I might as well wipe my ass with my hand and smear it on my tail lights. I would get the same result....

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
That sucks man, I made some for my tails the other day, cost me $1.98 and 45 minutes.

Raz

Established Member
CobraChris08 said:
Umm did it ever cross your mind to return them?

Um, did it ever cross your mind that they only look like shit when they are on the car? Therefore, you cannot return them because they are USED. I got them from stangnet.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Installer error. Like window tint, you may have to use a heat gun to get it to "wrap" correctly. Plus you really need to take your time and work out the bubbles and wrinkles.

Raz

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Installer error. Like window tint, you may have to use a heat gun to get it to "wrap" correctly. Plus you really need to take your time and work out the bubbles and wrinkles.

Nobody thinks they look cheap???? I didn't have bubbles in them. Tinting anything is easy. I've done it several times. My point is they looked really cheap. From 3 feet away...they look good. Other than that, they look best in the garbage can.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
NINOSPORT.COM. They have been on the car for about a year and a half now and I have no problems with them at all.

-Jeff

D'ZR1 Messiah

Established Member
Raz said:
Nobody thinks they look cheap???? I didn't have bubbles in them. Tinting anything is easy. I've done it several times. My point is they looked really cheap. From 3 feet away...they look good. Other than that, they look best in the garbage can.

Did you get the 50% or did you get the Blackouts?

Which ones do you have Hissman?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Not sure. This is all that was being offered at the time. Probably 50%, but they do look blacked out in dim lighting.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Good lord....cry some more. All you have to is call/email them and explain your situation that one came damaged. I'm sure they would refund your $$ or send you a new pair.

MikeW

Established Member
I have the autobadges.com ones on my car and I like them a lot. I have the side markers too..

I'm not you; but I would have called who you bought them from and told them i must have gotten a shitty set:shrug:

normal_MICPISC%20049.jpg

Raz

Established Member
Well, I guess i am a little out of my leauge here....not quite as knowledgeable as the diehards roaming this site. LOL.

Raz

Established Member
Terminator X said:

Oh, and mine were the blackouts. I am currently thinking about having them sent away to have them sprayed. Has anyone ever done that? I've seen some places online that do it.

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
Raz said:
Terminator X said:

Oh, and mine were the blackouts. I am currently thinking about having them sent away to have them sprayed. Has anyone ever done that? I've seen some places online that do it.

There you go. No error on your part then ooops I mean crappy parts.

Users who are viewing this thread