Takeoff Leather

greenscobie86

Established Member
I just picked up a set of NEW takeoff leathers from the Roush eBay store for what I think is a song. I had a few questions for those who may or may not have done it before...

I've done my own TMI seat covers in my old 96 Cobra before and they were a PITA but not too crazy.

I hear/assume that the 11-14 leather covers are easy to do.

Any input from those that have done this before on our cars?

Thanks for the feedback.

brock04gt

Established Member
I just done mine a few weeks ago it was pretty easy took about 3 hours from start to finish. I had a few wrinkles at first but within a few days they was gone.

greenscobie86

Established Member
Awesome thanks for the replies you guys. That video makes it a breeze. I've got the clips/hog ring pliers already so that part will be a breeze too. I'll try to snap some pics of my progress as well for those interested. Might do it this coming weekend if I have time, too much fun driving the car...

greenscobie86

Established Member
UPDATE:

As promised I am returning my insight regarding this install. My verdict is: TOTALLY worth it if you don't mind parting with $350, spending half a day tooling around, and getting some scrapes on your hands.

Took me longer than brock04gt @ approximately 5 1/2 hours but that was working in my living room in humid 90+ heat. NOT fun.

Sorry for the lack of specific install pics but I was actually having issue with my iPhone and the new iOS7 beta release locking me out of my camera and things of that nature, but it is what it is. the install video posted above is ALL you need to guide you. That being said I managed to break both front retaining clips on the plastic seat sills. No biggie as a couple of zip-ties did the trick and NO one will be any of the wiser.

APOLOGIES for the crappy pics. The iOS7 Beta still has a lot of kinks in the Camera app when compared to iOS6. Oh well...

Pic of stock rear seat, this will be SUPER easy to do, no hog rings or funky clips here.
2013-06-29143846HDR_zps6d25d316.jpg

Rear headrests/seat backs done. Not hard to do at all, just make sure to push the two little tabs on the headrests to get them to slide out. The whole rear seat took all of 40 mins, if that.
2013-06-29155039HDR_zps77036c9f.jpg

^ Note the crinkled leather on the top portions of the seat backs, this will smooth out with time so do not worry. having someone sit in these for a while helps too.

Pic of the rears installed/assembled. Looks real good although I suspect the rear seat(at least) is not real leather but leatherette. Damn FoMoCo!
2013-06-30112053HDR_zps4d50edcd.jpg

^ Some stretching/adjustment still not done in the bottom seat cushion. they look lots better after having some bums on them and a hot day in the car to stretch and settle.

Front seats done and installed. The Roush take-off kit comes with the back foam already attached so its very easy. Slip it over the side air bag and youre in business. And they look great.

2013-06-29205630_zps4b7b52c8.jpg

2013-06-30112019HDR_zpsa61d2881.jpg

^Dont mind my dirty mats. Gave the whole car a wash/brush-up the next day.​

Hope this helps someone out there, trying to do this on the cheap. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread