Taking car to dealer with custom tune???

dezracer

So first off my car is fine right now and runs like a raped ape. Im just curious what could happen if you take the car in to be diagnosed or maybe you are having engine problems. Is there a chance or any reason they would reflash the entire tune?

Would it not be best to inform them that you have a non-stock tune? Hate to think what would happen to a pullied car if they re-flashed back to stock and did not inform you. Thanks in advance for your repiles.

lgonz051

Established Member
i doubt they re-flash it. ive taken it a bunch of times and they never re-flashed it once.

dezracer

Hmm. Just ssems latley that every time I take the Grand Cherokee or Volvo in for something they always say ..OH!! There was an update for that and we re-flashed your computer. You should be good now.

How do we know for certain they did not re-flash the entire tune?? After all it only takes a few minutes. I mean how would we know. Until its too late and you smoke a piston at full boost. The fact we have a custom tune for a smaller pully does not mean shit to a service writer. nor would they care.

Last edited by a moderator:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
If you're worried about it, simply reflash it when you pick it up. :shrug:
Taking a modded car to the dealer is kinda silly don't ya think?

chitowncobra

Established Member
there are mod friendly dealers out there, i have worked at one,were alot of moddded cobras get serviced there, i have had warranty work done on my cobra and i am modded, they are out there!!!good luck!!!

chitowncobra

Established Member
there are mod friendly dealers out there, i have worked at one,were alot of moddded cobras get serviced there, i have had warranty work done on my cobra and i am modded, they are out there!!!good luck!!!:rockon::rockon:

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I work at a Ford dealer, Shop Foreman. Just tell them you have a custom tune and not to reflash it , we do it all the time.

ROADSTR6

Deficient SVT Poster
Established Member
My buddy recently took his Harley truck in for some work and they reflashed his computer. He had to get a re-tune. Major PITA.

dezracer

I work at a Ford dealer, Shop Foreman. Just tell them you have a custom tune and not to reflash it , we do it all the time.

I guess that makes the most sence. And I do have the custom tune strored in my Predator. I guess I could alwys re-flash it back too if I was concerned. Yea..I admit I can be a bit parnoid at times. But as mentioned in one of the replies. It COULD happen so its good to be paronoid.Thanks for the replies guys.

Users who are viewing this thread