taking off from 2nd gear..better et???

swens04cobra

Established Member
Ok, this might be a stupid comment or question. I have had my 04 cobra all of about 300 miles and/or 2 months. But with all the comments I read about wheel hop, lack of traction, wouldn't it just be better to take off from 2nd gear. I have tried it (not at a track or anything like that) and the car just roars and have not experienced and (and I use the word carefully) loss of time or traction. I'm new here, so be nice....Only wondering if someone has taken their car to the track and tried launching from 2nd??? what results??

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Oh, its AWESOME!!

PS, ignore the trailing smell of burning clutch behind you, its nothing... really.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
Originally posted by swens04cobra
Ok, this might be a stupid comment or question. I have had my 04 cobra all of about 300 miles and/or 2 months. But with all the comments I read about wheel hop, lack of traction, wouldn't it just be better to take off from 2nd gear. I have tried it (not at a track or anything like that) and the car just roars and have not experienced and (and I use the word carefully) loss of time or traction. I'm new here, so be nice....Only wondering if someone has taken their car to the track and tried launching from 2nd??? what results??

ummmmm, no.
results: 2.50 second 60' time and a new clutch.

swens04cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the info...It just seems so strong from 2nd gear and I just thought it would not hurt the clutch running at the track.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread