Taliban Attack Bagram Airbase

Jefe

Established Member
My brother-in-law was next door to the building that the rocket hit. He called my sister and said he was ok.

Taliban nsurgents attack Bagram airbase in Afghanistan | World news | The Guardian

Suicide bombers carrying rockets and grenades attacked one of the biggest Nato military bases in Afghanistan today, killing an American contractor and wounding nine US troops.

About a dozen militants, many wearing suicide vests packed with explosives, were killed, the Pentagon said.

The fighting came the day after a suicide bomber attacked a military convoy in Kabul, killing 12 Afghan civilians and six foreign service personnel.

A spokesman for the Nato-led International Security Assistance Force (Isaf) would not identify the American contractor until next of kin had been told.

The attacks may mark the start of a Taliban spring offensive against high-profile foreign targets.

The early-morning assault on Bagram airbase, led by about 30 Taliban insurgents, continued for hours with sporadic rocket and small arms fire. One rocket landed inside the base, causing minor damage, but no insurgents managed to get inside, Isaf said.

"We're always prepared to deal with attacks on our base," said spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Clarence Counts.

Also received this pic from him last week, I guess this was an accident, not sure on the story but this was not from this recent attack:

IMG00361-20100515-0008.jpg

Stay safe Bill

5892_101350896546791_10000015643-1.jpg

5892_101350873213460_10000015643-1.jpg

Last edited:

TrevorR90

Banned
Yeah it was crazy over here when that happened.. This started a whole lot of crap here.. The last hour we got hit by 4 mortar attacks and I just now witnessed a firefight.. Things are quickly heating up.

motorider228

Established Member
I was talking to a guy in our sister AMU last night and he said this all happened like 4 days after they got there. He said it was pretty crazy. I'll be there in January so maybe it will still be rather lively.

Where are you stationed Trevor? I'm at Aviano.

JMD0346

Established Member
I had been here a total of 3 or 4 days when that happened. It was pretty crazy. Im over here as a contract welder/fabricator on the AMC compound. Nine hours we were either in a bunker or a sprung.

The fire that happened i believe was a womens dorm or B-hut or something that went up.

Anybody over here with me, im on the AMC compound working for AECOM. Sprung 4. If you need anything come see me.

Users who are viewing this thread