Talk about LUCK

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Ok, So I was on my way home. I had the stereo blasting and the radar detector mounted on the front windshield. I really wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going, I just knew it was getting late and I wanted to get home. Next thing I know there is a Ohio State Patrolman sitting in the median. I look up at my radar and see the big "L" flashing on the screen. "Oh, shit, he has me!" I said. I looked down at my speedometer...I was going 80 miles per hour in a 65 zone. As soon as a went past him he pulled out and started following me. I ripped of my radar detector and tried to stuff it under the front seat. It wouldn't go. I threw it on the back seat floor. Next thing I know the lights come on. I pulled over. He walks up to the passenger side window and knocks on my door. I put down the window. He says, "GIDIEUP eh?, You sure were Giddy uping! I clocked you going 78!". He asked, "So, what year is your Mustang?", I said, "It's a 99 sir". He moved his Mag light to the front of my car. At first I though he was looking to see how balded my front tires were, BUT between you and I I just betcha he was checking the side to see if it was a COBRA:p . Can you believe that a State Patrolman told me that he was going to issue me a warning? I Just about flipped out. I thought for sure I was going to be had. He handed me a little slip and I was on my way. I just sat back and started to laugh as I gracefully went thru the gears. I just thought it was funny that he seemed to be more interested in my car than why he pulled me over. He clearly saw that my tint was dark. Hell, he even made a comment about that also. I got off with a warning. Thank Goodness!!!

Thought that was a pretty funny story, even funnier since all I got was a written warning:rolling:

Cheers:beer:
Ryan

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Lucky much?

The Ohio State Patrol are some strict cookies. Glad to see he was generous to you.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
"GIDIEUP eh?, You sure were Giddy uping!..."
:lol: Officers crack me up sometimes. I swear my aunt's husband became an officer just to say stuff like that...lol

That was cool of him to let it go. :beer:

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
"GIDIEUP eh?, You sure were Giddy uping!..."
:lol: Officers crack me up sometimes. I swear my aunt's husband became an officer just to say stuff like that...lol

That was cool of him to let it go. :beer:

Yeah, he was cracking me up alright. I was trying to retain a serious look without laughing at him.

Glad he had a good sense of humor without busting me:beer:

'99Ranger

Established Member
You got pretty lucky with that one. I just got pulled over on Thursday for what the officer said was 74 through a 35. He gave me a ticket for 44 in a 35 though. Scared the crap out of me when he pulled me over too.

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by '99Ranger
You got pretty lucky with that one. I just got pulled over on Thursday for what the officer said was 74 through a 35. He gave me a ticket for 44 in a 35 though. Scared the crap out of me when he pulled me over too.

Yeah, I have a tendency to believe if you are honest and treat the officer honorably, you have a greater chance of survival:)

I just think it was my lucky day. I have never had a speeding ticket in any of my two past mustangs and I was hoping to keep it that way with this one as well.

Ryan

CobraTone

Established Member
I had a similar experience with the Florida Highway Patrol, also very strict. I was in my old GT on my way to work hauling ass (about 18 over) around a tight curve. Needless to say he was sitting on the other end of the curve, clocked me, got in behind me and pulled me over. Asked me if I was in a hurry and I said no sir, just going to work.

Now get this, 19 years old in a fairly new mustang GT WITH a radar detector and he lets me off with a warning. :eek:

SVT Cobra

Established Member
i always go at least 20mph over the speed limit, simply because i dont like traveling much and just wanna get to where i'm going fast. i've never been pulled over, not once in my 2 years of driving so far(pretty amazing since its also New York City). you just gotta know where the usual "cop spots" on the highway are, and slow down and get off the left lane to be sure not to get pulled over :thumbsup:

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
i always go at least 20mph over the speed limit, simply because i dont like traveling much and just wanna get to where i'm going fast. i've never been pulled over, not once in my 2 years of driving so far(pretty amazing since its also New York City). you just gotta know where the usual "cop spots" on the highway are, and slow down and get off the left lane to be sure not to get pulled over :thumbsup:

If you've only been driving for two years your luck will probably run out:burn: I speed a little too but I believe in most states if you are 20 over they can consider that reckless operation(correct me if I'm wrong). But then again, it's kinda hard not to speed in a car that makes you feel like you are going 55 rather than 75;-)

Ryan

SVT4ME

Established Member
Give a donation to the policeman/womans fund. The money that should have been going to the ticket will help the fight the real bandits

warpet

I know about luck. we just got our first mustang upgraded from a 02 camaro z28, so were newbies. and here i am this 29 year old female who's wet behind the ears but loves to feel the power behind the wheel of a fast car. anyway, my husband brings home our brand new 03 monday night and i decided to take my girlfriend out to test drive it. (remember, this is a first for me and nothing like the camaro) my five year old wanted to go to so i strapped him in and off we went. I was getting a feel for it and had been in the car for about 5 minutes. we pull up to a light on a divided highway where the speed limit is only 35. I thought i heard an engine rev so i look to the right and i look to the left. can't see anything worth racing but hey, that's not gonna stop me. i sit at the red light just revving the engine. the light turns green and i punch it. man does this thing go. got it up to 70 ish and decided to slow down cuz the speed limits only 35. i look in the rear view mirror and the red and blue lights are goin. holy crap i' ve only had the car five minutes and already i'm getting busted. wait, it gets better. i pull over in to the gas station and the cop comes over and says "what were you doin?" of course i play the stupid female role and tell him i've never drove a car like this before and the clutch is tight and it's just too much car for me (yada yada yada) he says to me "you looked right at me, revved the engine and took off." I said I didn't see him and he tells me again that i look right at him. Then my five year old chimes in and proceeds to tell the officer that this is a race car (ok, im mortified now) the cop says "it is?" my son says yeah. then my son says "it goes really fast" the cop says "how fast does it go?" my son says "about 1 or 2 hundred" the cop then says "does your mom like to go fast?" he says "yeah she likes to race". I'm covering my face now. so the cop asks for my license. OH CRAP i forgot my purse. okay so i give him my license number and name and stuff he goes and runs everything through. comes back and says to me "what kind of car did you have before" okay, im not telling the guy i had a camaro so i tell him i have a grand prix right. he says "what about a camaro?" BUSTED!!!! i told him yeah my husband had one and traded it in for this. he says after only a year? well, he had to upgrade what can i say. okay now he wants to see some paperwork on the car because we had the camaro plates on it and had just picked the car up 20 minutes ago so it hadn't been transferred yet. guess what, not a single bit of proof that we bought this car. asked where we bought it and i told him. he went to his car for a few came back leaned in the window and told my son to go home and tell daddy not to let mom drive the car any more and said for me to have a good night and to slow down? Can anyone say LUCKY? My first kill was a cop.

Sorry this was so long but I thought it was a funny story.

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by warpet
I know about luck. we just got our first mustang upgraded from a 02 camaro z28, so were newbies. and here i am this 29 year old female who's wet behind the ears but loves to feel the power behind the wheel of a fast car. anyway, my husband brings home our brand new 03 monday night and i decided to take my girlfriend out to test drive it. (remember, this is a first for me and nothing like the camaro) my five year old wanted to go to so i strapped him in and off we went. I was getting a feel for it and had been in the car for about 5 minutes. we pull up to a light on a divided highway where the speed limit is only 35. I thought i heard an engine rev so i look to the right and i look to the left. can't see anything worth racing but hey, that's not gonna stop me. i sit at the red light just revving the engine. the light turns green and i punch it. man does this thing go. got it up to 70 ish and decided to slow down cuz the speed limits only 35. i look in the rear view mirror and the red and blue lights are goin. holy crap i' ve only had the car five minutes and already i'm getting busted. wait, it gets better. i pull over in to the gas station and the cop comes over and says "what were you doin?" of course i play the stupid female role and tell him i've never drove a car like this before and the clutch is tight and it's just too much car for me (yada yada yada) he says to me "you looked right at me, revved the engine and took off." I said I didn't see him and he tells me again that i look right at him. Then my five year old chimes in and proceeds to tell the officer that this is a race car (ok, im mortified now) the cop says "it is?" my son says yeah. then my son says "it goes really fast" the cop says "how fast does it go?" my son says "about 1 or 2 hundred" the cop then says "does your mom like to go fast?" he says "yeah she likes to race". I'm covering my face now. so the cop asks for my license. OH CRAP i forgot my purse. okay so i give him my license number and name and stuff he goes and runs everything through. comes back and says to me "what kind of car did you have before" okay, im not telling the guy i had a camaro so i tell him i have a grand prix right. he says "what about a camaro?" BUSTED!!!! i told him yeah my husband had one and traded it in for this. he says after only a year? well, he had to upgrade what can i say. okay now he wants to see some paperwork on the car because we had the camaro plates on it and had just picked the car up 20 minutes ago so it hadn't been transferred yet. guess what, not a single bit of proof that we bought this car. asked where we bought it and i told him. he went to his car for a few came back leaned in the window and told my son to go home and tell daddy not to let mom drive the car any more and said for me to have a good night and to slow down? Can anyone say LUCKY? My first kill was a cop.

Sorry this was so long but I thought it was a funny story.

Hey there, GREAT STORY! It is amazing how lucky we can be when both the cop and ourselves know we were in the wrong. Thanks for sharing and welcome to SVTPerformance!

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread